“go for the brunch!”

First Street Ale House
Ranked #3 of 214 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
sf bay area
“go for the brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I miss Sunday brunch buffets, if you do as well you might want to try The First Street Ale House on Saturday or Sunday morning. For about 12.00 (drinks not included but see the list of food and you'll forgive them) you get a wide array of pretty yummy food. What I love best of course if they will make you a fresh omelet (tons of toppings to choose from) or any type of egg made to order. The rest of the food is also good. Regular scrambled eggs but also a zippier version with bell peppers onions and such, make your own toast, english muffins raisin bread etc...cereal for the kids, bacon, good link sausage, pancakes, french toast, salmon, some type of crab dish, a chicken dish that was quite tasty, fresh perfectly ripe fruit and gosh there was more I am forgetting but it was all yum! The only we didn't care for were the biscuits and gravy as they were so over cooked they were more like hockey pucks but given quality of the other food I am thinking something went wrong with them this one time so I'll give them a pass and look to see if they are better next time we go. Yes there will be a next time for sure!

• Visited April 2013

USA
“Too Die for Onion Rings . . . and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Some friends took me to the First Street Ale House in Livermore and WOW. It was obvious that this place had to be good because it was teaming with people. Luckily we arrived just before the hoards rolled in but oh my goodness was this place a treat. I'm a sucker for spicy food and took a stab at the Cilantro-Jalapeno Burger with Onion Rings. The burger was cooked perfectly and the flavors were spot on, not as hot as I hoped but it was delicious none the less. The onion rings get 5 stars . . . best I've ever had. Love the tootsie pop on the side, cute touch.

• Visited April 2013
Livermore, California
“Always a wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is always a slam dunk for a good night. If we can't find a sitter we can bring the kid. If we have a sitter we can sit at the bar. If the we have the dog we sit outside. On top of that the food is always good. Service has been consistently good. The only thing is that they are so good that they are always busy.

• Visited March 2013
CONCORD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“St. Patrick's Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good Fish & Chips, washed down with a Guiness. Family friendly visit with wife, daughter and grandson.

Visited March 2013
Washington Island, Wisconsin
“Best Portobello Mushroom Sandwich Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in at this restaurant and sat outside in the gorgeous California sunshine and had the best portobello mushroom sandwich I have ever had. It was thoroughly marinated and then grilled with roasted red peppers, melted Monterey Jack cheese, red onion, tomatoes and lettuce on an onion bun. The marinated portobello mushroom made my mouth go WOW at the first bite and it just kept on going. This is a must try for both vegetarians and carnivores.