“Good for the price”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
California
“Good for the price”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year, and stopped in again this year at the half way point on a long drive. It had been remodeled since our last visit, art deco. It was very clean and comfortable. No more carpet, the entire room and bath was wood laminate flooring. I thought it would be cold without the carpet, but it was warm, and I thought so much cleaner without filthy carpet.
Still just the basics, soap and small towels. But they take dogs for free, had plenty of parking, it was convenient, and a good price for an overnight stay. Wi-Fi is $2.99, and room prices are posted on the wall at the front desk. I always feel like hotels charge whatever they want, so it was nice to see a posted price, although it's always cheaper booking on the internet. Front desk people were friendly and quick with check in and check out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This motel is run down, and parking is a Joke. But the upsetting thing was many contractors are staying here, and when we arrived they were standing around smoking and drinking. There were empty beer bottles visible on their trucks and in their hands, and they were staring at us. My 7 and 5 year old granddaughters were upset, but my wife was terrified to the point that we checked out after talking about it. I was supposed to get a refund of half the charge, but it hasn't shown up yet. The nearby inns were full and we ended up driving home to Tehachapi some 300 miles arriving at midnight. I probably will never stay at another Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lawrence N
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Livermore, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Lawrence N - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment you and your family found upon arrival at Motel 6. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Travelers are raving about these Livermore hotels

Reviewed May 27, 2013

For this memorial day long weekend, I looked on the Internet for places to go and decided on Livermore. Prices for hotels to spend the night were a bit pricey. Motel 6 was a good option, so I decided to book in advance. The good thing is that you don't have to give your credit card number in advance and if you decide to cancel it, there are no charges added.
When my wife, my daughter and I arrived, the front desk personnel was very polite. He was perfectly bilingual English and Spanish. Transaction was quick.
I drove the car to my room, but most of the parking spots were for ""Handicapped" with the blue paint; therefore, I had to park a bit far away from our room. It was not a big deal. Walking extra steps was fine, since we did not have that many things to carry.
I opened the door and try to turn on the light, but it did not work. There were 3 lamps so I tried other two and they worked. I felt an odor coming from the room; humidity / moldy. We left the door open for a while trying to clear up the odor. It cleared up a bit, or our nose got used to it.
The room had 2 queen beds, a 27" flat screen LCD TV, a bathroom and a sink outside of the bathroom. There was plenty of room for us.
We watched TV and went to sleep.
I wanted to check my E-mail, but when try to access the Internet, I found out that it was an added cost of $2.99 per day. It wasn't that much, but other hotels offer it for free. Anyway, I bought the service for 2 days, paying $5.98. Internet was very fast. I went to sleep around 11:30pm.
At 7:00 am, someone nocked on my door very hard and impatiently twice. I looked out by the window and there was a man with a bill in his hand, mentioning that I had been charged double (two days) for the Internet service. I confirmed that it was OK. He insisted, so I opened the door and saw the bill. Everything was fine with the charges, so he went away. I appreciate their good intentions of not over-charging, but all that I wanted was to sleep.
We saw the pool. It looks clean, but we did not tried it.
Overall, I think the hotel management could do a better job in several aspects, For instance, the moldy odor in the room could be taken care of and the nocking on the door at an early time could be avoided. Also, the lights could be repaired.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has a number less than 124 if you want to be closer to the parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank luisSR36
California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This motel was a half-way stopping point on a drive to southern California. We were traveling with our dog, and Motel 6 is dog friendly. I found an online discount on their website for 10% off, so we got a room for 2 for $50, and the dog stayed free. Can't get cheaper than that.
We arrived in the evening, and left in the morning, so it was just a quick place to stay. Very basic amenities. Just enough towels and a couple of bars of soap. No refrigerator or clock, and no lid on the toilet, which is curious. Although the motel seemed to be in a quiet area, there was a lot of traffic noise, and even more noise in the motel itself. I'm not sure where the noises were coming from, but a lot of loud buzzing and humming and rattling all through the night. We did not get the best night of sleep.
With that being said, the room and bathroom were old, but clean. Not a spot of mold in the shower. For a quick overnight stay, the price was right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jackieca
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

If you just need to stay for one-two nights somewhere, and a room without an a/c fits the climate, this is the plac to go. Usual motel 6 standard, nothing fancy but fits the need of sleeping.

Parking spots are quite tight, so it's better to park on the extreme lef or right instead of squeezing the car between others.

Review the other comments too, you will know what is bad reputation. He room costs 55 dollars including tax, oct 2012.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank davidedelceg
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

During our night stay I can say this motel is like most other motel 6 locations in which you get what you pay for. When we arrived the young lady at the desk was extremely friendly and had us in our room quickly. The room itself was fine other than the weak flushing toilet in the small bathroom. Parking was full once we got back from eating (around 8) and we had to squeeze between two crappy parked cars. Again for the price you cant beat it and the pool was very clean and enjoyable on a 90 degree day. We had a good experience and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank 2CachePirates
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's a Motel 6, so don't expect much. There are no amenities, but hey, it's inexpensive, quiet, clean and has air-conditioning. The staff was very pleasant. When I returned after a day of work, I discovered that my room hadn't been cleaned. The cleaning staff had already left, but the owners quickly moved me to a fresh new room. I've been in other, much more expensive hotels where the maid missed my room and nothing was done about it. The adjacent 7-11 satisfies late night cravings. I'd stay away from the pool if I were you, it was kinda greenish.
Cons: very basic, green pool
Pros: nice staff, next to 7-11, inexpensive

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, by the pool are quieter, as they are farther away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business