“Great Facility”

Holiday Inn Express Livermore
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Stayed here one night with husband on driving tour of central California. The place was exceptionally clean, check in and check out quick and professional. Our room was very spacious and very clean. Big bathroom with decent lighting. The hotel was very quiet. Free breakfast was a notch or two above what is typically found. Very strong wireless connectivity in room.

I think the bad reviews here are from people who have an axe to grind for some reason. Disregard them.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pafabu
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Livermore

Reviewed February 13, 2009

I liked this Holiday Inn, it is new, clean, and the staff were very courteous. They have the usual HI Express free breakfast, but they also have a 2 hour managers reception in the evenings from 5-7 with free beer, wine, soda, and snacks. Very nice. My room was spacious, with a whirlpool tub. The area has lots of restaurants very close, and hotel is convenient to the Highway.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WI_Traveller
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Not sure what all the bad news is about. Stayed here for 6 nights end of July. The hotel is new and clean. The Manager reception with free cocktails and hor's d voures. The one thing I would mention is that a king room (Handicap accessble) is the way to go. Awesome walk in shower, and large room. Free breakfast is above average for hotel extra.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank HotdogSkier
Reviewed May 12, 2008

This hotel will smoke you and your KASH if you try to cancel. They have a 24 hr cancellation period and unlike other hotels will not allow you to cancel by 3 or 6 pm NO matter WHAT. Sorry to say that this policy from the Franchisee will now make me never stay at a Holiday INN express again. I travel for business and need to make changes.

Stayed: April 2008
5  Thank GerryKurl
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I've stayed twice in this hotel on business and find it a convenient, agreeable and comfortable hotel in a good location. Some past reviews have been unduly critical, leading me to report on a far more favorable experience. Check-in is swift, rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast provided is fine. I have noticed that about 60% of the food served at such breakfasts tends to be unhealthy, but the remainder is fine--instant oatmeal, fruit, scrambled eggs--so one can make the best of it. Coffee is fine but not great and could do with improvement. This hotel offers a complimentary evening snack from which one can make a meal, but I didn't try it. I collect Priority Club points, a primary reason for choosing this hotel over others nearby.

Wireless internet connectivity is solid and my room had an ethernet cable available. The fitness room is small but satisfactory with three treadmills and a weight machine.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank TrippettF
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I don't know what other reviews are on about!! This is a fantastic clean tidy hotel with fabulously friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay here and would definately stay again.
Raj (Birmingham UK)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Randhawa
Reviewed July 18, 2007

THEY GAVE MY CONFIRMED ROOM AWAY. QUITE THE SCAM!
We called the next day to complain and basically what they said is that even if your credit card was charged, after midnight they can give your room away. So basically they get paid twice for the same room. We asked if this policy was in writing anywhere and they told us no.
I booked this room through their website the day before and received a confirmation number via email. I then called to confirm the day I was to arrive and everything was fine. A business collegue of mine was having trouble finding a room in the area so I called the HIexpress for him a few hours later and was told they were not only booked but they hoped someone would cancel because they had over-booked. Didn't think anything about it because after all, I had an email confirmation, the room was pre-paid and I had just called to confirm 2 hours earlier.
After traveling 3 hours, I arrived at around midnight and was told one of their guests decided not to check out and I didn't have a room. They said I could stay at their hotel in Tracy which is 20 minutes east in good traffic but the commute in the morning is one of the worst in California.
When I demanded he wake up the hotel manager, I was put in touch with their customer relations representative who told me I could go stay at their Hayward location (terrible area). I declined not only because it was a bad area and it was past midnight, but because at that point they couldn't pay me to stay at one of their over-priced, sketchy clean hotels.

I spent an hour on the phone with my friend trying to get another room somewhere...even in SF. All other hotels in the area were booked that night. Exhausted and extemely upset, I slept in my SUV. It was lovely. I have a sister in the area but I didn't want to wake her up at almost 2am so I waited until a little after 5am when her lights came on and then like some poor misfortunate, I rang the door bell so I could at least shower prior to my meeting.

If you do stay here, confirm your reservation every hour so the front desk clerk doesn't get confused...If you are arriving late, I'd have back up plans...like a Camper or some other vehicle you can strech out in.

On the bright side, after reading the other reviews, I'm glad I missed the opportunity to stay at this dive, my SUV doesn't stink and at least I know it's been cleaned. Now, if only it had a shower..

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business