“Nice stay in Livermore, CA”

Holiday Inn Express Livermore
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
CHICO
“Nice stay in Livermore, CA”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel has the best complimentary breakfast and happy hour. I enjoyed my stay. The room was modern, upgraded and comfy. Only 3 complaints I have is the pool was closed the first night of my 3 night stay. The work out room had no A/C. Biggest complaint was that my room was right near the rear exit and my room would fill with a strong odor every time someone went out to smoke a cigarette. So when checking in, make sure you are not on the first floor by any exits. The room had black out curtains and the noise from traffic was not audible. All in all, a good stay. I love that they have bath and body works shampoo, soap, conditioner and lotion. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke bothers you, be sure to ask for a room on the second or third floor and don't...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
SFO
Reviewed May 24, 2013

great and peaceful place.Good quality of service ..big rooms friendly front desk good breakfast .above average hotel housekeeping staff excellent
no noise from the freeway close to Livermore and mount diablo state park
if you like to ride your bicycle it s a good spot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the area for a college graduation. Also located close to Livermore Outlet Mall. Check-in was quick & easy. Mattress seemed a little worn out, felt lumpy. Breakfast items included: pancakes, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon. sausage, fruit, sweet rolls, milk, juices, etc.
Unlike other Holiday Inns I have stayed at, it was a pleasant surprise to have scrambled eggs instead of the usual egg patty folded with cheese in the middle. Hotel is located away from freeway so noise was not an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Livermore, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear 1travelingDad,

Thank you for sharing your comments online. I am delighted to read that you had a smooth check in and I am glad that you liked our location.

However, let me apologize if you didn't find our mattress to your liking. Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable stay and we are truly sorry if we were not able to deliver on this occasion.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again should your travel plans bring you back to Livermore.

Dhan M
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed with the Holiday Inn Express before in a different state, so I knew mostly what to expect. I am in town on business which is near by so I love the location. There is no freeway noise which is great. Upon arrival the front desk staff was friendly. I had forgotten my toothbrush so they provided me with a complimentary one. My room was nice, clean, and spacious. The only negative experience is that the walls are thin. The first night the neighbors wereloud (which you can contact the front desk but I didnt) the second I could hear my upstairs neighnor puking, and my last night my other neighbor's snoring kept me wide awake. Surprisingly, despite my thin wall experience, I WILL stay here again because of the incredibly friendly staff and my most favorite part, the free happy hour. Tune in to this; the bartender was my most favorite part of my stay. She took the time to have a conversation with me and my other co-workers staying at the hotel. she remembered what I liked to drink for every following night to come, and her personality was phenomenal! She is a true asset to the Holiday Inn. Above average for sure.

I would recommend to stay on the top floor, or an end room to help with the thin walls.

Enjoy complementary breakfast and happy hour

The fitness center was great and clean.

The housekeeping staff was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank tiffanylawrence
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Livermore, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear tiffanylawrence,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We are pleased you found our staff to be friendly. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide friendly accommodations. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

These guy and the lady who worked front desk refused to honor our on line reservation and even calls that we made to 800 holiday inn did not make them change their mind. It seems like Holiday Inn Express is individually owned and the owners set their rules and price and can refuse the reservation, and price set on line or by telephone and you will be left to find another place late at night or accept their price. It makes a very uneasy, and unhappy situation....so i rather to reserve somewhere else like the holiday in near city of Livermore (680 FWY). I have to drive about 30 minutes but they are courteous and kind and accept all the set rules by Holiday Inn Express on line or 800 ...

Room Tip: These guys do not act as part of the Holiday Inn Express corporation. They set their own price and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Livermore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Javad R,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Livermore, CA.

Orlando A.
San Rafael, California, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We attended a wedding in Livermore and spent 2 nights at the Holidy Inn Express. The attention to detail in helping us get adjoining rooms, since there was an infant with us, in helping us get early checkin and the general friendliness and competence of the staff was exemplary. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the beautiful Livermore Valley!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter B
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A nice basic hotel. Clean, well sized room. Bathroom basic but clean. Good bed and bedding. Aircon was quiet and reliable. Mini-bar sized fridge but bare. Microwave. The booking included breakfast which is the run of the mill, DIY config usually found in this sized establishment. (Try the robotic pancake maker though - it's very cool). Like a lot of the smaller motels these days, the free wireless access in the room was very fast and rock solid (if only the likes of Hilton could be the same).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business