“Perfect!”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Oakland, Oregon
“Perfect!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We were in Livermore (our hometown) on family business and to visit life-long friends. I chose La Quinta Inn mainly because of affordability since we were staying two nights. We were pleasantly surprised and would definately stay there again. Staff was helpful, room was clean, everything was A+++.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank PK_Oregon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Annawan, Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I loved it, my family and i stayed there and my husband and i had the whirpool suite, it was awesome. The kids liked it because it had an indoor pool and comfortable pillows

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
central valley
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We booked this room to celebate an anniversary. Everything was great. Comfy bed and very spacious room. Hottub was big enough for both of us and we are tall people. Really enjoyed our stay and staff was very friendly.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank musiclover0109
idaho
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I used reward points for this room otherwise I would have moved to another hotel. The first room they put me in was very dark and narrow, felt more like a prison cell. It took 3 phone calls and 2 trips to the front desk to finally be able to move to a room that was only slightly better. Save yourself the trouble stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank kathleen88Idaho
Livermore
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Just needed a little getaway. Drove down there and booked the king size bed/jacuzzi room. SO great with the AAA discount!
Only problem was the smoking room. Totally smelled the whole time. The jacuzzi was great, and the bed/pillows were THE best. I totally recommend the La Quinta for a quick getaway but make sure you get a room with non-smoking.

• Liked — The big comfortable bed and pillows...great price!
  • Disliked — the smell of smoke
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
CA
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I have to say that overall, nothing terrible happened. However, if it did, I have zero confidence that the hotel staff would have been inclined and/or capable of fixing anything. The hotel was clean enough (except that they never cleaned the bathtub in a 9 night stay)... But other problems:

-Wireless in lobby didn't work half the time; staff didn't know how to fix it
-Laundry soap not stocked in the guest laundry; they said it was only ordered every two weeks, and were in no hurry and not inclined to stock it sooner even though it had run out; I went next door to the Best Western to buy some from their vending machine in their guest laundry room, and the La Quinta people thought this was wrong of me (?!?), not that La Quinta would do anything to stock the detergent at their hotel
-Similarly, regular coffee not stocked for the in room coffee maker; they are just "out"; this wouldn't be so bad if the coffee at breakfast wasn't Folgers and was awful
-Tried to print my boarding pass as a PDF in both the business center (of course, the printer there didn't have paper, had to ask for it, which at least was stocked at the front desk), but the business center computer didn't have Adobe Reader on it, so couldn't open a PDF of my flash drive to print to their printer; I took my flash drive to the front desk computer; receptionist didn't know what the flash drive was or where to put it, I had to help, and while Adobe Reader was on this computer, I couldn't access my flash drive, needed Admin access that the receptionist didn't have to be able to plug in an external drive; couldn't even eject the flash drive properly.
-Cleaning staff not particularly thorough, or quick - two staff cleaning in our room for an hour, literally standing around and talking - we came by twice to try and get in to get our stuff to go to work, and they weren't done for an hour, even though we kept coming by. When they "finished", items weren't restocked. This happened on multiple occasions.
-Hotel receptionists were generally not motivated to help; we had a next door room w/ barking dogs, complained, and the front desk said they couldn't do anything about it.
Asked for a non-smoking room; ended up on 2nd floor, which while our end is technically non-smoking, other end of floor was smoking; entire hallway reeked of smoke, although first floor didn't seem smoky. Our room didn't smell smoky, to be fair.
-Moreover, staff didn't seem to be particularly capable; literally, when we asked for quarters to run the laundry machine, the receptionist didn't know how many quarters were in a dollar.
-The "high speed" internet is far from high speed, even on the ethernet connection in the room, although it is perhaps not any slower than your typical hotel internet connection.

I would recommend trying the Best Western next door; they have similar features (free continental breakfast, free internet access, pool, guest laundry, etc.), and rooms seem to be a bit cheaper; it's a new place, and they seem to want business. It's probably not worse than the La Quinta, where you should fend for yourself.

• Liked — Location proximity to Livermore National Labs
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ANKCa
Rapid City
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I consider myself a La Quinta expert, as I have stayed with them from coast to coast. I travel for business, and book my points for family getaways. My family of four including 2 small children spent one night there. The property has some pros and cons. Apparently, this location used to be an Amerisuites, and was switched to La Quinta

Pros. newer property, very clean, nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and workout room. courteous staff.

Cons. Rooms are extremely small. and we had a larger one. If I was not using points for a free night, I would have checked out. smallest room I have ever seen. Worse than a Microtel. The location sits in an industrial park. No food options. Must travel on the interstate a couple of exits for dining, including fast food. The breakfast was ok, ran out of waffle mix, but not a very large selection of anything.

We will not stay at this property again.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Very small and tight rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Robmicgrn