“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bruno's Italian Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 213 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Livermore, California
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I love italian food but the food here seemed so generic. Nothing special about it. I could do this at home and make it better and if you know me, that is not saying much.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MrsA816

Pleasanton, California
“Good Food with Ample Space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've gone to Bruno's for lunch many times. Dinner a few times. I've never regretted my food choice nor my patronage. It's a fine business that is competently run. Don't be in a hurry. The bread is one of the highlights. We probably tend to be there during off-peak times but it has been only 20% full at max. They frequently have salmon as the special. Try it. The linguine with clams is my favorite. They have great jambalaya.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meridian, Idaho
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stumbled into Brunos after visiting 4 restaurants in the immediate area and finding the wait too long. We were seated right away.
My friend ordered an Italian beer and I a glass of wine. Good selection.
We both settled on something off the menu rather than the specials of the day. Both were pasta dishes and both were very good. Our server was very attentive and I was disappointed to hear that she was leaving the restaurant to move. But I will be back to Bruno's even if the wait at other restaurants isn't as long.
Conversation was a little difficult and a booth would've provided more comfortable seating.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
los angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“well.....I guess its just...livermore...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

I only get delivery...sometimes the pizza is really great....other times...oy freakin' vey!...sometimes the pasta is really good....most times...well...I call beacause its the only menu I got...salads..now theres a story....last one had a fingernail...I guess good vitamins...but...the menu went to happy hunting ground....its the hit and miss they really got to work on..no more for me...

1 Thank freightkat
Livermore, California
“Average food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

I live in Livermore with my wife and daughter and have been to Bruno's numerous times over the last few years. Some of dishes are decent, such as the chicken parmigiana and the fettucini alla padrone (seafood), but the bread is awful. The interior decor is pleasant and cozy and they now have outdoor seating that is nice in the summer. The service is sub par. Several of the servers have attitudes that they are somehow doing you a favor by serving you. It must be lost on them that they are in a service industry. Also, on at least two occasions, my wife and I ordered takeout and the person who brought the food from the kitchen to the front desk commented to another server that they didn't receive a tip! Yes, that's right, they actually expected a tip for takeout and had the audacity to make a comment to another server that my wife and I overheard. This has happened twice, so it was no fluke. But for the fact that they are so close to where we live and the food is otherwise decent, we would not return.

3 Thank WildAces