“Read Other Comments - We say Awesome (& ...)”

The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 224 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Concannon
Description: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Every Aspect of this dining experience was awesome. Yes, awesome ... & expensive!! So go prepared. Our initial bill for 2 was $175+, before tip ... then a coupon took off $50, and a memership card took $25 more off. It does raise a question, what is the true value of these awesome dining experiences ... if you value a truly complete dining experience - wine, food, setting, service, etal. go The Resturant at Wente Vineyards.

We enjoyed a brilliant Fall evening (the eastern hills held a warm golden glow in late afternoon), a fixed price dinner and another entree, a few glasses of wine, coffee and dessert. Read the other reviews to get a full appreciation of various courses. You will not be disappointed - especially if you value your own value and plan ahead.

We based our 20% tip on the initial bill ... hopefully it made the service staff as happy about the experience as we felt. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

You drive up to a gorgeous vineyard.. Greeted and seated in a beautiful setting with both patio or indoor seating all with fantastic views and are just swept away! We had Alejandro as our waiter who gave 5 diamond service! Martinis were flawless.. Wine list yummy and the food was over the moon! We had Coral Cod over squash polenta and a brined grilled pork chop with braised cabbage both which were divinely prepared!! We wanted dessert to go but once the box was presented with a lovely message scripted inside, we wanted a little taste.. The chocolate panna cotta never left the room! Congrats Wente for an unforgettable experience!'

Reviewed October 9, 2013

First time visiting Livermore, must say the surrounding area is very beautiful. Full of vineyards and a lot of family owned joints that have been there for a number of years. Wente appeared to be one of the more upscale vineyards, only reason we stopped is because I have seen their Chardonay in the store before and always felt it was pretty decent. The property is in great shape, they have a beautiful golf course there as well as the winery and restaurant. After wine tasting, we elected to stay for dinner and were sure glad we did. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very relaxing, they have a very knowledgable staff and we really had no complaints about our meal or our time there. Livermore is such a cool little town, would love to go back and check out a couple more wineries, however if we do, we will surely try this one again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Best food on our 9 day trip to Bay area and wine country. Great quality home grown, in their own garden, vegetables. Best cheeseburger ever. Lobster ravioli got better with every bite. Heirloom tomato salad was a treat. Desserts also great. Can't say enough about the food. Then there's the view and the ambiance, whether you dine inside or out, hills, vineyards, golf coarse, and gardens. And lastly, the wines, the Wente 2012 Morning Fog Chardonnay was so great we went next door to the tasting room (forgot to mention that) and bought 3 bottles and that says a lot since we don't normally drink white, it came with the lunch special, it's the only white we bought out of 21 cases between 4 people

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were touring the Wente Winery at a different location and at the end of the tour, we asked for the location of a nearby decent restaurant for lunch. Lo and behold - this.

I have to relate an incident that bears on this review. If you don't wish to read the incident, skip to the third paragraph. When we drove up to the restaurant entrance, my wife and I noticed there was a lane for valet parking. We both thought, "Huh uh, we're not spending money so some bozo can whip our rented vehicle (Hyundai, no less) through the parking area at murderous speeds." Not a good decision. As my wife, Yumiko, was hard at work unloading the scooter, some "lady" with all the empathy of a moray eel stopped behind us and began berating Yumiko for blocking the drive...then she drove past??!? My wife takes nothing from nobody (including me) and gave better than she got as the person parked her car and walked towards the restaurant. The moray, as with all bullies, backed down fast when being confronted with equal or better physical characteristics. My mood had been destroyed and I figured this luncheon would be a disaster.

We began, as usual, with a white for Yumiko (this time, a 2009 Wente Brut) and a red (Napa Valley Chateau Montelena) for me - both were quite good. Then we ordered lamb pastrami as our appetizer and I had a bowl of chili soup, however incongruous that may seem. By this time, I had begun to realize I had better change my attitude fast as I was in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime taste treat. The pastrami was magnificent and the chili soup now defines for me how chili should taste.And if that's not enough, my wife and I both had superlative entrees. Halfway through the main course, we exchanged plates. Yumiko thought my pork ravioli was better than her pork papardelle (ribbon pasta), and I liked hers more. The pork papardelle had stronger flavors which suit my palate and the ravioli was more delicate, in keeping with Yumiko's preference. By the way, we were informed that the pasta is homemade and the vegetables grown on-site. All this superb goodness was topped off with a baked peach dumpling in brandy sauce and a tawny port (I should know better) and Yumiko had chocolate panna cotta which was also delicious. We were both more than satisfied. Our server, Jason, had been so unobtrusively attentive that I had to ask if he was a professional. Turns out, he had been working there for 11 years...I think he qualifies. As we waddled or, in my case, staggered out on my scooter...try it sometime, we could but marvel that we had been lucky enough to stumble on this "masterpiece theater" - in a manner of speaking. All credit to the chef!

One caveat. If you are handicapped and, like my father of sacred memory, insist on walking everywhere with a cane even if you have no control over one side, you too will have to stop at the entrance to offload as it will take at least 15 minutes to walk to the restaurant from the handicapped area. There's only one handicapped spot by the door. However, I would now recommend valet parking for handicapped persons...saves on encounters with contentious persons.