“Heaven on earth ! WENTE Vineyard Restaurant”

The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 217 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Concannon
Description: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We discovered Wente Vineyard restaurant a few years ago during one of their concert series with the Band FOREIGNER.
This trip was set a a more leisurely pace and allowed for a very nice visit and lunch stay there.
The Kitchen is managed by Matt is a passionate chef always looking at the best pairing of the freshest ingredients including some from their own private garden, wines and mostly locale fare.
It is rare nowadays to get a mind challenging* menu from most restaurants. (* as for there are so many great choices, which one to take? )All seem to have gone to the same finishing school. Not WENTE 's! Home made lamp pastrami, the signature Caesar salad, the Crab salad with the special Piment D'espelette ( google just that) How many restaurants have even heard of this French spice? Most dishes offer not only the expected listed ingredients but as well a symphony of carefully blended ingredients reacting together to create a special tasting sensation. All of these paired with the wines crafted by this fifth generation winemakers and served by a very attentive staff, this is now becoming my top of the list restaurant in California !

1  Thank meherio
There are newer reviews for The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday dinner. It was really nice, the service very attentive. The lamb pastrami was especially good, and my flat iron steak was pretty good too (though I've had better). My husband's duck wasn't as tasty. Overall a pleasant experience but I'm in no rush to go back.

1  Thank mplanglinais
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful winery and restaurant--
Service is perfect
Food--the best and the wine outstanding
The best mushroom risotta with parma cheese ever--most unusual blending of many types of mushrooms--a must taste...

1  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed December 8, 2012

There is a restaurant which is on the premises which is the Grill section and sits just outside of the Golf Store on the premises but which overlooks the Wente Golf course.
It has a wonderful limited selection of delightful sandwiches and beverages. It was a sunny day and we ate on the patio portion outside of the golf clubhouse. The food was cooked to perfection and since I ordered a fish sandwich , it was cooked tender and not dry..which I was very pleased. The waitstaff was attentive and respectful and kept the water glasses filled and since we were a large party, i was pleased that the food only took about thirty minutes to be served to us.
I would recommend it for people on the run and to business associates and friends who are visiting livermore. The scenery of rolling hills surrounding the area are beautiful as well .
Keep in mind that the menu is limited. I would not suggest it for family with small children.
Most of the customers were golfers or business people.

1  Thank arlene b
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very good. They dress up here, my husband and I don't normally dress up that much but it's a fun change. We like the mini sausage appetizer! Every time I have come I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience.

1  Thank MrsA816