“A superb dinner in a beautiful setting”

The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 222 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Concannon
Description: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Superb food, excellent service, and a great Wente winelist. Menu items were very imaginative and superbly prepared. Staff were very willing to accomodate special requests, including smaller portions. Beautiful dining room in a magnificent vineyard/winery setting. Kudos to the Wente family!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This restaurant is such a pleasure. The location, staff and food are incredible. We were here a few years ago and had such a memorable meal that we decided to return and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is very accommodating and offers half glasses of wine so you can try different wines with different courses.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We arrived at the restaurant around 5:30pm on Saturday night without a reservation. In my defense, I didn’t make a reservation because I didn’t know when we would get there. Besides, I was more worried about our attire than our no-reservation status; the best dressed among us three was wearing a T-shirt and jeans. I was in full camouflage gear; we were out-dooring all day. Luckily, we weren’t turned down. Although they initially informed us there were no openings until 8:15pm, they managed to find us a table in a snap.
Our waitress, Sheri, was personable and knowledgeable. We started with caesar salads and rabbit chili and moved on to pork, chicken and duck. The caesar salad had crisp leaves with creamy dressing that has a kick of anchovy. The rabbit chili wasn’t the type you get at a diner that is accompanied by heartburn; it was more like a consommé soup with rabbit pieces – simple, light and no heartburn. Shari told us that the pork was their signature dish. I couldn’t get a bite out of my brother-in-law’s dish but it looked delicious. Both bird dishes - my husband’s chicken and my duck - were perfect. The duck was juicy and plump and chicken was tender and moist. The brilliance of this restaurant is that they use fresh and high quality ingredients and prepare them simply but expertly. The whole experience was amazing. Although we shouldn’t have, (because we were full) we encouraged (or was it a dare) each other to have dessert. We ended up having ice cream with fudge cake, chocolate mousse cake and marmalade ice cream and all of us were happy. Sheri even brought my brother-in-law a little birthday candy gift because she overheard me joking about his birthday; he loved the candy.
The vineyard and the estate are grand but the restaurant itself somehow has an intimate and cozy atmosphere. Stunning setting, outstanding hospitality, and superb food. It’s a must.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for special occassions-and sometimes just to spoil ourselves-for over 12 years. We thoroughly enjoy the understated elegance, normally low-key, but professional service and most importanly, the excellent food-particularly when paired with Wente's world-class Nth Degree wines (I particularly love the Nth Cab).

Our most recent visit was to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. As usual, we had great service (although our server was a bit exuberent), a leisurely pace to the meal and were even more impressed with the food than usual.

In closing, if you're visiting or live in/around the Livermore wine country area and want a great dining experience without having to drive to Walnut Creek or Oakland or San Francisco, this is your place.

1  Thank FrancisJayIII
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We enjoyed a wonderful evening on the patio...the duck was awesome and my wife had the salmon which she really enjoyed. Great service as usual.