“Terrific setting and awesome dining”

The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 224 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Concannon
Description: The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards features ingredient-driven California wine country cuisine using sustainably and organically grown local ingredients. While the menu holds its foundation in American dishes, it is influenced by French and Italian provincial cuisine. The seasonal menu changes daily, utilizing produce from The Restaurant's on-site organic production garden. The award-winning wine list offers more than 1,000 selections, providing numerous options for wine pairings.
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Great place for tremendout dining! Had a rack of lamb and it was outstanding. Great setting and awesome place to dine on the terrace when the weather is nice!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our lunch today at Wente Vineyards restaurant was to honor a very special birthday. This is, indeed, a "special occasion" restaurant (high prices, even at lunch). We dined outside on the lovely patio, and I'd give the setting a 5 star rating. Our server was wonderful and very professional. We split a grilled peach salad appetizer, which was delicious. My friend ordered a lovely seafood stew with a yummy garlic aioli. I, unfortunately, didn't choose as well. My cannelloni dish, unfortunately, was not as delicious. In fact, if you choose to go to the Wente Restaurant, I'd recommend that you not choose the cannelloni. For dessert we shared a dark chocolate tart with espresso ice cream, which was excellent. So, 5 stars for the service and atmosphere, and 3 stars for my lunch.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Very nice meal. Risotto was excellent. Lentil soup was nice. I will go back.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

My husband I had a reservation for 7:30 p.m. Saturday evening for dinner. We arrived a few minutes early. Upon our check-in the hostess said our table would be ready shortly. After having one drink in the crowded bar area, our table was finally ready at 8:00 p.m. As the weather was cool, I along with many other guests wore a coat and no one offered coat check so my coat hung from my chair during the meal. Our waiter who tried very hard to take care of us along with a number of other tables, seemed as though he had taken on the duties of a waiter without much training. After he finally took our dinner order, it took some time before he came back to tell me that they ran out of the beet salad I ordered to start. In its place I ordered the winter squash soup which was okay but tasted quite ordinary. My entree, the 38 North Pekin Duck was also okay, certainly not memorable, but the sweet potato gnocchi was too heavy and starchy to enjoy. After having had a few memorable dinners at the restaurant, this recent visit was, sadly, a little disappointing.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

I went for Sunday brunch with a friend this weekend .The service was slow but she was nice. I ordered the corn beef hash with potatoes and an egg. Well when it came it was in a bowl with broth in it and some small square potatoes and small square beef with a egg on top . About the size my 5 year old would eat . If it did not have such a great atmosphere I would have sent it back and left .So if you do not mind small food and a big price tag then go .