“Really Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Sacromonte-USA - CLOSED

El Sacromonte-USA
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. K St
Transit: Yes there is public transportation near by.
Northern California
“Really Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I purchased a promotional voucher for this restaurant after seeing the positive reviews, but given the deal, was not expecting too much. How surprised I was after our meal was over that this place had to do any promotion at all.

The food here was not only very tasty, but as you can see from below, the chef takes pride in the aesthetic value of the meal as well. We started with beef empanadas and the "Chava" prawn cocktail appetizer, both of which were very good. The "Three Salsa" Steak comes with, you guessed it, three great sauces for dipping which were all very different and had lots of flavor. My wife had the "La Chava" shrimp which she really enjoyed. Kids menu was a good value for our little ones too - they would recommend the carne asada.

In addition to the food, they also had some live music which everyone seemed to enjoy, and the decor has a warm, romantic feel to it but without any hint of stuffiness. Service was okay - I think we had a new server and he was nice enough, but a bit forgetful.

Like I said earlier, I was surprised the "daily deal"-like promotion was needed given the quality of the food, but as others have commented, Livermore seems to be getting a really nice assortment of dining options and it may be getting competitive. I hope this place continues to be successful and highly encourage a visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Livermore, California
“Rediscovering El Sacromonte in Livermore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stopped in here a couple of times when they were new in town. We'd overlooked it for a long time, but we'd stopped in again a few weeks ago when we noticed their new happy hour menu. We made our third trip back to enjoy lunch recently and they have not disappointed us in anyway. The food is always delicious the service has been excellent and the entire environment is clean and pleasant. Granted, we have been lucky enough to be there when things are quiet yet it is hard to imagine that such a careful and attentive staff would offer any less at busy times.

• Visited August 2013
Livermore, California
“Yummmy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviews have said this is not your typical Mexican food restaurant... It's an authentic Mexican food restaurant! The food here has a Spanish influence mixing different spices and flavors together causing a unique flavor that will make your experience here unforgettable and carving for more! I have ordered the ceviche here many times and every time it has been wonderfully prepared! I have also ordered the fish tacos, the duck, and steak... Every plate that I have ordered here has tasted great and the presentation of the plate is beautiful! For a sweet tooth I would recommend ordering the creme brûlée and cup of coffee! The staff here has always been very attentive and helpful in ordering... If you are looking for a great place to eat with good quality food and a great atmosphere I would recommend giving this place a try (you won't regret it)!

• Visited April 2013
California
“For the foody who yearns for Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Livermore is developing a nice cluster of good restaurants, and this is a fairly recent entry--a little more than a year old. It is Mexican food, but it is not the usual array of tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. The menu encompasses a nice variety of beef, pork, poultry, and seafood main dishes, and the sides and appetizers are seasonal and imaginative. In particular, I enjoyed the side order of grilled asparagus with pecans and goat cheese. Yum! My companion had a steak wrapped in cactus-- a most unusual and delightful presentation. Every bite was a pleasure. They make good margaritas, too.

We had dinner here before going on to a performance at the Bankhead Theater. It's within easy walking distance. There's a little bit of outdoor seating on the sidewalk, which would make you feel part of the First Street scene in warm weather. Parking is nearby in one of the lots just off First Street.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ImpulsiveTraveler
san francisco
“not your typical mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went on a Saturday night with his parents. Not very crowded, service was very good. The food is not your typical Mexican. As other reviewers mentioned, more gourmet and quite different. My in laws both had a different chicken dish. My husband and I both had a different shrimp dish. All were excellent. We shared a pitcher of margaritas. Again, not your typical blended margaritas, but on the rocks with nice lime flavor. We also shared a quasadilla appetizer with fresh cheese and a creme brulee dessert. A neighboring table shared what looked like a huge fried ice cream ball which looked fabulous.

The restaurant has a very nice romantic, grownup atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012