“For the foody who yearns for Mexican”
Review of El Sacromonte-USA - CLOSED

El Sacromonte-USA
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. K St
Transit: Yes there is public transportation near by.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Livermore is developing a nice cluster of good restaurants, and this is a fairly recent entry--a little more than a year old. It is Mexican food, but it is not the usual array of tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. The menu encompasses a nice variety of beef, pork, poultry, and seafood main dishes, and the sides and appetizers are seasonal and imaginative. In particular, I enjoyed the side order of grilled asparagus with pecans and goat cheese. Yum! My companion had a steak wrapped in cactus-- a most unusual and delightful presentation. Every bite was a pleasure. They make good margaritas, too.

We had dinner here before going on to a performance at the Bankhead Theater. It's within easy walking distance. There's a little bit of outdoor seating on the sidewalk, which would make you feel part of the First Street scene in warm weather. Parking is nearby in one of the lots just off First Street.

1  Thank ImpulsiveTraveler

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went on a Saturday night with his parents. Not very crowded, service was very good. The food is not your typical Mexican. As other reviewers mentioned, more gourmet and quite different. My in laws both had a different chicken dish. My husband and I both had a different shrimp dish. All were excellent. We shared a pitcher of margaritas. Again, not your typical blended margaritas, but on the rocks with nice lime flavor. We also shared a quasadilla appetizer with fresh cheese and a creme brulee dessert. A neighboring table shared what looked like a huge fried ice cream ball which looked fabulous.

The restaurant has a very nice romantic, grownup atmosphere.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I visited the Sacromonte for dinner. The atmosphere is relaxed and very comfortable. Lights and decoration with a touch of mexican style but in the appropriate level. It makes you feel at one of the nice Haciendas in Mexico. As an entree we tasted the fresh cheese (delicious!). Then my husband and I had fish and salmon. The chef considered all small details to present your plate. Dessert was a delicious ice cream wrapped in a very interesting way. Wine from california complemented the dinner. And the best of all, it's only 45 minutes from Reedwood Shores, CA! Prices are affordable (owner mentioned they served lunch also). If you have visited SFO very frequently and want to taste something mexican but different than nachos, quesadillas and burritos, you have to go to the Sacromonte!

1  Thank JossGcardiel
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Definitely not your average Mexican dinner. Would probably categorized their meals as gourmet Mexican. Food was amazingly good! Waiter's service was great with added knowledge of wine pairing for the meals my wife and I had chosen. Several days later, wife and I are still saying WOW. Yes, prices are higher than your average Mexican meal, but this is very far from average!!!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This place is a hidden gem - although the service was a tad bit slow it was so worth the wait!
The food was divine!