“CLEANLINESS NEEDS ATTENTION”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Stockton
“CLEANLINESS NEEDS ATTENTION”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fantastic front desk personnel; breakfast & Wed. night nicely done. Personnel paid attention to pick up of dirty items, cleaning serving areas, and refurbishing items. Hall, vending area, & room cleanliness need much attention. Pool is very small, but on business not an issue. Good workout room. Because of the good points I would recommend, but would be sure to emphasize the concerns above. I'm not sure if I'll stay again... it depends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

HawthornLivermore, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that our high cleanliness standards fell short during your recent visit with us. I will be passing your comments along to our housekeeping team, and I am confident that these issues will be addressed. My sincerest wish is that you will give us another opportunity to impress you on your next visit to the Livermore area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Monroe
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were having a "mini" family reunion based in Danville, CA, which is about 12 miles away. I was looking for a reasonable price at a motel/hotel with at least 3 Trip Advisor stars. I didn't like the reviews I read for the Danville area hotel chains I use. Even though this hotel was a few miles away, we were pleased we made this choice. Cleanliness and comfort were over the top. The hotel is right off the expressway, so it was a very easy commute. The hotel was very quiet. Our relatives were able to explore the few miles surrounding the hotel and wished we had more time to explore further as the town and wineries were enticing. Our plans included visiting relatives in Sacramento (easy commute) and exploring San Francisco. We were almost an hour away from each city, but being close to the expressway made the trip to these cities pretty easy to navigate. The free breakfast included hot items every day: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and some kind of potato. The area was clean and inviting. If we return to the area, we definitely will stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the highway...which is about 1/4 mile away. We didn't hear any highway noi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HawthornLivermore, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Livermore. As you discovered, Livermore is a perfect home base from which to explore all that Northern California can offer. Our front desk team really enjoyed hearing about your adventures when you returned to the hotel each night.
We look forward to having you back again soon.
SF Bay Area
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights for the Memorial Day Weekend. We had a lovely stay. The rooms are large, clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff at check in was really nice and helpful.

The breakfast in the morning was OK. The person working the breakfast area seemed to be a little overwhelmed by her duties on both mornings that we had breakfast. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

The pool is small and only 4 1/2 feet deep. But it was cool so we did not go swimming but did sit out for a little sun one afternoon.

The hotel is a short drive to Downtown Livermore which was quite nice! We had dinner there and really enjoyed the community atmosphere. Great tip from the front desk!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank buscando_el_sol
HawthornLivermore, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Livermore Wine Country, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Livermore! It is true that we are located very close to our thriving downtown district, which offers many excellent dining options as well as boutique shopping. I hope that you will be able to explore our award winning wine region on your next visit with us.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was disappointed with Motel-6 at Livermore (see my other review about it), so I searched on the internet for Hawthorn Suites at Livermore, since my daughter had stayed there with my wife several times. The Internet search gave me the website http://www.hotel-rates.com/ which I used to book the hotel. The price was acceptable $99.00 plus taxes = $133.91. I was offered 2 Queen Beds, Non-Smoking Studio Suite With Free Hot Breakfast, With Free Wi-Fi, Ncq2, Kitchenette And Refrigerator. However, when I went to the front desk, Brandy told me that a price for a room with a kitchenette was more ... $109 plus taxes. Well, I offered to pay for the difference since I had bought already all the things to cook a small meal for the family for dinner (tomatoes, lettuce, eggs, meat, etc.). Brandy said that since I had paid over the Internet through hotel-rates.com, she could not do anything to upgrade.

Although I felt very uncomfortable with the situation, I accepted the room that Brandy gave us because we were very tired and wanted to rest. I was going to contact hotel-rates.com by phone as soon as I was in the room.
I spoke with Sophie from hotel-rates.com over the phone and she contacted the hotel and was able to talk to Brandy. Sophie was told that since we had already checked in, there was nothing that could be done.

Well, whose fault it is? Maybe hotel-rates.com advertises something that is not true or Hawthorn Suites does not accept hotel-rates.com offers. For sure, there is a miscommunication between both of them. Too bad that the clients have to suffer for that.

Aside from this situation, the room was very nice, clean and with a wonderful air conditioning. However, for this particular Memorial Day, the weather was not the best. It was a bit cold for the usual Livermore weather. Therefore, I tried to adjust the air conditioning but the nobs to lower the AC were not there (see picture). I had to unplug the power cord.

The room was very quiet, which I really appreciated it. I went to take a shower and found a towel a bit too old (see picture); not a big deal, but for the price paid, I could have received a better one. Suddenly, the main door to enter the room gets widely open by a mate without knocking! I had to say very politely EXCUSE ME, MAY I HELP YOU? She apologized and reply, DID YOU JUST CHECK IN?

On the positive side, the breakfast was deliciously excellent, the personnel very polite and the sleep quality great. They have a nice jacuzzi and a very clean swimming pool.
Overall, it was a good experience and a lesson learned.

I would advise to book directly with the hotel, but if you have booked with hotel-rates.com, be sure to NOT CHECK IN until you have talked to hotel-rates.com on the phone if you are not receiving what it was promised.

Room Tip: Second floor is very quiet and, if facing the main entrance, you can see your car in the parking lot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your recent experiences with us. I apologize that the third party website that you found did not have correct information. I will personally reach out to them to make sure that this does not inconvenience another guest in the future.

All of our in-room air conditioner units are controlled by wall mounted thermostats, as a convenience to our guests. I believe your picture shows the label directing our guests to use these wall mounted controls.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Livermore. Please call the hotel directly, so that we will be able to guarantee you get the room type that you prefer.

Catherine Cheda