“Outrageous charge for pillow and case”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Livermore
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque
“Outrageous charge for pillow and case”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and thought things were good. However, when I returned home, they billed my credit card for an additional $80 for a pillow case and pillow. When I talked to the managers they told me that I was lucky that is wasn't more. They sent pictures of some purplish color that I couldn't have caused. I've never in my life heard of something like this. I asked them to send me the pillow case and pillow so that I could have it examine, but they never responded. I wonder if it was just me or are there others. If you stay there beware, could happen to you. I know that for me I will not ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Look elswhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank chknhwk12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Margoes
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We just returned from travel to the bay area for our annual company party. The party was at the doubletree and we stayed there as well!
The food at the party Buffett was phenomenal and the wait staff on top of it!
The rooms were immaculate, very well appointed and the bed extremely comfy.
Breakfast was over the top with an enticing buffet or you could order off the menu if you are watching your calories! Best garden omelet! I would return just to have it again! Our waiter at brunch was as attentive as if we were at the Ritz! Seriously!
The cost was very reasonable for such a fabulous experience!
If you are in this area STAY HERE! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margoes
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The room was clean and nice if not ultra modern. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable and there was a microwave and fridge and free internet via cable although the wifi was too weak in my corner room.

The front desk were nice, but a few in our group had to wait long past the checkin time before their rooms were ready. The free delicious cookies only partially made up for that inconvenience.

The climate control was convenient to adjust from the wall mounted thermostat, but the unit itself was extremely noisy and the air near the floor remained cold. This heater/air conditioner is unusable while sleeping because of the ruckus it made.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank david h
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is a typical Doubletree. I read an earlier review about the Gold member's experience and I didn't have the same experience. I had the normal full breakfast, make sure you get the 'blue' (full breakfast) ticket vs. the 'yellow' (contential breakfast) ticket. I had the standard two bottles of water in the room. The bathroom was an odd layout and small. I'm also used to 2 queen beds and was surprised to find 2 double beds. I was travelling alone so it wasn't a problem. The reason for the low score is that this hotel is just 1-2 miles from the National Labortories and they didn't have wireless and the internet cable didn't work. I was trying to finish up a presentation for the next day and had to drive to Starbucks. Very frustrating. If you don't rely on Wi-Fi or internet capability then it was a fine place to stay for the night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank HaFinkne

Travelers are raving about these Livermore hotels

St.Gallen
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Rooms and location are great! Clean and well looked after.
The staff is slow and just as friendly and helpful as they would have to be.
If you need a good nights rest, just want to check in and out, then this place is good. if you expect a little more service, friendliness and anticipation - this is not such a great place! Staff seems to be busy with other work and not paying full attention to guests needs and special requests. Maybe they are just understaffed...?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony W
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We got this hotel via priceline for a wedding we were attending nearby. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a nice mid level hotel on the inside. Our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. I requested late check out because my man was trying to recover from food poisoning and they were very accommodating and even offered to help with recommendations on nearby clinics and remedies.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We checked into the hotel as part of a wedding group. Our reservation was made by credit card and when we told the receptionist that we wished to settle our account in cash, we were told that the hotel did not accept cash! I pointed out that we had stayed in Hotels all over the world, including the US, & everyone accepted cash. The receptionist abruptly poined out that none of their hotels in the chain accepted cash, which I knew was untrue.

After asking asking to speak to the Manager, a very polite, Afro American lady came to the front desk and said "Of course we accept cash Sir" and continued to check us in, whilst the flustered and bemused receptionist hid in the back office.

My second experience of poor service was when I was waiting to be served, I observed a male Customer Service Manager makig faces to the telephone whilst receiving a complaint on the phone. At the end of the call, he turned to me & said "Uhh! Some people!!!" If you are going to belittle your customers then do it in private and not in front of other customers but what do I know, he was the Customer Service Manager!

Anyway, the hotel itself was great, nice pool, great bar, nice restaurant, nice sized clean rooms, parking outside your room, free tea / coffee in reception, free WIFI.

On leaving, we checked our bill and found that we had been charged more per room than the rest of our group and brought this to the atention of the person who had booked all the rooms. He phoned the hotel and was told that because he had booked these as additions, they would be charged at the full rate rather than the group rate. Yes you guessed it, ,it was the same Customer Service Manager, who refused to honour the group rate! He persistantly argued the point & in the end agreed to consult an unavailable manager who would issue a refund cheque. THis was obviously no good to us as we have no way of cashing a US cheque in Dollars in the UK! It was his way of getting rid of us. Needless to say, we heard no more from him or the hotel!

All in all a great place, shame about the key staff and the Customer Service Manager.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family