“Overpriced. Small.”

The Steven Kent Winery
Ranked #16 of 71 things to do in Livermore
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Again, some 63 winemakers in the Livermore Valley and I don't think they really compete with most of the even SMALLER wineries. VERY overpriced wines. Nice little tea room. Mediocre experience in wine tasting.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2012

This tasting room is beautiful and the Chardonnay is excellent. The tasting room is like an underground wine cellar which is cool, and there are barrels stacked up as decor which made for great pics. The service was nice but not special. The only thing I did not like was that there was like a lobby area where you had to pass the guy at the cash register to pay for your tasting before you walk past him. Felt like I was going into a night club. I went with a big group and had called ahead. They had an area set up for me and went around pouring around the tables. They had delicious chocolates there which paired well with the chocolates and other wine knick knacks to buy. About 20 steps away is the door to their sister Winery, La Rochelle. Didn't make it there as they said they were too busy. It was $10 a tasting which is the same for big or small group (some charge $5 and $10 for big groups) which I thought was fair.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I are new to wine tasting and this place was great! The tasting room is actually in a nice quiet, dark cellar type room, with wine barrels all around. There were $10 or $20 tasting flights. We did the $10 one, one of us did Steven Kent wine and the other did La Rochelle wine. The waiter did a great job of explaining everything and giving recommendations, made us feel very comfortable. He also brought out a few wines that weren't on the tasting list. We ended up buying a few bottles and can't wait to go back.