“Very Relaxing”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Livermore Ave
Description: The Underdog Wine Bar is a hidden gem amongst the romance of the vines in the heart of wine country. We offer an impressive selection of over 50 wines from around the world, California, and our very own Livermore Valley. The bar and lounge offers a warm contemporary approach to our unique wine and food experience. Nestled in the original barrel room of the historic Concannon Winery established in 1883, it features hand crafted tables made from repurposed 100-year old wood. We offer exquisite small plates of food. Think of them as Tapas with a global and California flair. Using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients, the Chefs craft menu items that are meant to be shared and paired with any one or several of the over 50 wines we offer.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great small plates to accompany your wine flights. Wide variety and range of flights available. Well prices. Best to sit...outside. You can't help but feel good!

There are newer reviews for Underdog Wine Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The bar seemed nice & quaint with numerous wine offerings, but I made the mistake of purchasing a meat tray to go. I should have refused the offer when I failed to detect any weight to the to go box! The box was clearly the better value as the meat offering was pathetic - a selection of paper thin salamis & proscuito that wouldn't couldn't have weighed an ounce total, A couple small sprigs of marinated cauliflower, a grape sized pepper, and a few slices of a mini french loaf. All this for the "meager" price of $18.49 w/ tax! You're ratings don't go low enough for my distain over this pathetic offering! All I got for my trouble was an upset stomach, which was a suprise from such a miniscule amount of food!

1  Thank William B
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The outdoor eating area has huge stuffed furniture for eating as well as the usual dining tables. The view of the vineyards is great. The menu is innovative and the food superb. The wine is good and the service is the best. This is a total winner of a restaurant.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had just finished a tour and tasting at Concannon Winery when we decided to have a snack before continuing on to another winery. We ended up ordering a Tuna Tar Tare and Smoked Salmon with Fennel. Wow!!! The two dishes blew my away. These dishes are worth a special trip on their own. The atmosphere was modern with various wines to view.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I had dinner on the terrace. The skirt steak was amazing, as were the homemade potato chips (well, it was really the dip that came with them that was fantastic). And I had a lovely glass of bubbly while my husband tried a flight of wine. We did end up buying a couple bottles on the way out. The atmosphere was perfect, and the service impeccable. I do just wish they had a slightly broader menu. But what they do, they do well.