“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Bellbrook, OH
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to Yosemite. It was an average motel, nothing to write home about. It was adequate. Continental breakfast includ
ed. Bed was very comfortable. We booked here because the rate was reasonable for the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stay in a lot of Comfort Inns for business. I found this location to be below average. My main complaint is lack of internet service. After comfort of the bed, the speed/availability of the internet is the most important hotel feature for me. After spending 3 days here, the internet almost never worked...so multiple business projects could not get done. I will not stay here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Seal Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Checked in after working a 15 hour day to find that they only had rooms on the first floor available. My reservation clearly says "request room on higher floor". I made the reservation weeks ago, i'm a woman who travels alone I don't like to stay on the first floor in hotels that have outside facing doors. The room is dated and seems a bit dirty. Pulled the blankets back on the bed to find the fitted sheet doesn't fit at ALL. The sheet is coming off and doesn't even cover the bare mattress. I called the front desk to ask if someone could come put on a sheet that fits and the guy at the front (who was very nice by the way) said he was the only one here and he would bring me a set of sheets so I could change it myself! What? Really? I mean I'm paying to stay here why should I have to change my own sheets. I called at about 9:15pm it's now 10:22 pm and I still don't have the sheets. Argh....

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel has outside room entrances, which I typically avoid. But this one was OK, due to the pleasant climate and the hotel upkeep. I did not like the first two rooms they assigned me (location, not quality), but the front desk agent was good about it and the room I ended up with was very good. Not large, but certainly well kept and clean. It is convenient to the freeway, but there are not a lot of food choices. you have to go an exit or two in either direction to get a better selection. Breakfast was typically good. This was a quiet hotel, even being next to the freeway.
The best rate around for the quality.....good but not exceptional. This area is not cheap.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool or the other side; some rooms are under stairs or sandwiched between othe...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean, fair size and upstairs with a large patio/balcony. It was a little ways from stores and restaurants. Maybe it was just luck, but it was very quiet during our stay!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank SLOTraveler73
fresno, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Comfort Inn doesn’t appear well used, judging by the number of cars in the parking lot and the dearth of Tripadvisor postings. This is my third Comfort Inn in the last couple of months, because of the discount I receive through my union, and not because I’m tied in some way to this brand, but consistency among the different motels is comforting. Based on the size of the surrounding trees, this motel is probably between 25-30 years old. Room is typical of Comfort Inn with microwave, good size fridge, desk, easy chair, adequate WIFI, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker, flat screen TV and clean room. My room faced the I-580 freeway, but once inside the room, the noise dampened sufficiently for me. The loud noise only came from the heater/air unit and the fridge. Most of the other guests were in the side or back rooms, away from the freeway, so if you’re sensitive to freeway noise, request a room in the back.

Security doesn’t appear to be problem in the general area. Prior to my stay, I check the online crime map and nothing shows up at least for the last 30 days. This motel has an open design, so all rooms are accessible from the street. There is one closed circuit camera on one of the lamp post in the front parking area, but it doesn’t appear to be functional. There are two others located in the back parking area. Lighting is adequate, but the only real security measure that I observed was for the night manager who locks up the lobby and is only available through a night window.

I noticed water/rain stains on the first floor breezeway ceiling possibly indicating a very messy situation when it rains.

The Dublin/Plesanton Bart station is approximately 5 miles from this motel.

The following are my observations based on the previous Tripadvisor postings.

“No restaurants in walking distance from the hotel”: This is still true. If you’re not picky, Costco offers $1.50 hot dogs. Salads and pizza are also available.

“Bugs in the room”: There were no bugs in my room. I did see one spider (non-poisonous) in the lobby.

“Black out curtains did not close”: Again, my room didn’t have this problem.

“Room odor, rug stains, strong smell in lobby, no bathroom fan…”: When first entering the room, it did smell like cleaner fluid, but it wasn’t overpowering or unpleasant. The rug is dark color, so I can’t comment on stains. No smell was detected in the lobby. There is no bathroom fan, and local code may require a fan.

“…rats and ground squirrels inhabit the property”: The hotel grounds appear to be well maintained. I checked the property and did not see any rats or ground squirrels or their burrows. There is an open space behind the hotel, but again, no indication of rodent activities. There is trash in the border between Costco and the hotel, and it appears all of it comes from Costco members.

“…hot tub did not work and pool was unsatisfactory”: The hot tub no longer exists. Since the 2010 posting, it has been cemented over. The pool looks clean and well maintained.

“Free Wi-Fi? Unfortunately, I have had better connections on a dialup with modem in the middle of Nebraska”: I didn’t have a problem with the WIFI connection in my room. I’m sure that the hotel has improved their connection since 2010.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the motel away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pomimi
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Fairly typical Comfort Inn in terms of comfort level and design. The rooms were clean, but seemed to smell a bit. It could be a cleaner they use. Staff was friendly. I was amazed at how few guests there were. The biggest issue with the location of this hotel is that there are NO restaurants in walking distance. In fact, there were only 1 real restaurant and 4 fast food places within a mile. Considering this is 1 of 4 or 5 hotels at this I580 exit, I'm very surprised there wasn't more choices (okay, unless you can shop at the Costco next door). Had a problem with a noisy party at an adjacent property, the front desk wouldn't call, but did connect me with the police department to make a complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple