“another great stay at the hilton garden inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Livermore
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Just completed a weeks stay the hilton garden inn, livermore w/ my wife and kids. We have been coming here for the past 5yrs. and each yr. is a pleasure. The staff are warm and wonderful, they take such pride in caring for this hotel. Breakfast is great, there is wi fi now and the king beds have softness/stiffness adjustments on them.
Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank thetravelling4

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Overall, my experience at this hotel was good. I was here for a business trip, and the hotel was conveniently placed right next to my client's location, so that was a plus. The rooms were also fairly clean, and the cleaning staff were extremely polite. The breakfast buffet was just okay, however it was more convenient than going to eat someone outside the hotel.

However, aside from the main entrance area, the hotel had terrible Feng Shui and needs to be remodeled badly. Additionally, the internet had sub-broadband speeds (I tested it at 500kbps), and I was not able to watch any video online until I called CS.

So, If you are the hotel manager reading this:
1. Please remodel the hotel
2. Buy/allocate more internet bandwidth

Otherwise, the room's appliances were up to date and worked very nicely, and I had a very nice sleeping experience to prepare me for my meeting. Additionally, on my only day off, the commute to SF for sightseeing was extremely fast (40 minutes), and it was even more convenient that this hotel is placed right of the I-580, for easy access to both the Bay Area, Sacramento, and Los Angeles.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I've stayed here a half dozen times over the last few years on business. I've also stayed at the Hawthorn Suites, Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn in the same area. The HGI is definitely a step above these others (a couple steps above the nearby Holiday Inn). The reason I keep coming back is the breakfast. While it is not free, you can choose a package that includes breakfast when making a reservation. The few extra dollars you might pay compared to the Hawthorne or Hampton is worth it. Great buffet with fresh fruit salad and cereal (hot and cold), as well as made to order hot breakfast. While weekend wedding and other event attendees can be up late, it's nothing I've noticed once I'm in my room. I'm confident that staff would take care of business, if I ever felt that my neighbors were too noisy.

On a side note, it's great to see the management posting responses. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tuckerztravelz
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am very proud of this hotel and the staff I work with. I agree the breakfast here is great! We have a wonderful selection. The cooks are always happy to make the omletts just the way you like it.
Have you tried dinner here? We have nightly Specials as well as a full menu. If we don't have something you like please let us know. We are always looking for new choices to add.
Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance to you and I hope you will be returning soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Like all HGI properties, this one offers a good business center, decent breakfast and you can't get lost as they are almost all of similar design. The beds in this chain are about the finest in which I have slept. They have some sort of mechanism for adjusting the firmness of the bed, great linens etc.

With regard to this property, it was slightly less clean in comparison to other HGI. If you don't have a car, dining options are limited to the restaurant on site, or a Wendy's in a gas station up the hill. Recommend ordering a pizza for delivery.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
I am glad that you enjoy the Garden Sleep System beds. It is nice that both sides of the bed are adjustable.
I am sorry about any cleanliness issues during your stay. I can assure you that this is not the standard. We are usually commented on a regular basis about how clean and well kept we are. So your comment is being taken very seriously and our Executive Housekeeper has met with all her staff.
As for the dining options I am sorry I know that for someone without transportation our choices are a little limited. We do have on the other side of the overpass a Cattlemens Steak restuarant, Starbucks, Subway and Mexican place. In our own restaurant we are happy to do any special orders.
I do hope that you will visit us again and give us another chance to impress you. If I can be of any assistance to you please give me a call.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed 4 nights and we thought the hotel was adequate for the money we paid for. Our room was spacious and despite funny noise when opening the tap and or neighbour did we had a good stay. I do not recomment room service. I ordered pizza and a burger, both were cold on arrival. The pizza didn't taste good and the burger looked like some left over food. On the other hand the breakfast staff was very friendly and make us feel very welcome

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Momi17, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Livermore, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments.
We are glad that you had an overall good experience at our hotel and enjoyed our staff. Our staff takes pride in their service and we have many guests who return because they are made to feel like apart of the family.
We are sorry that the room service order was not enjoyable. I assure you that this is not the standard at our hotel.
Please let us know if you are ever in Livermore again. We would appreciate if you gave us another try. We would like another chance to impress you.

Hilton Garden Inn Livermore

Reviewed August 5, 2010

I spent one night at the Garden Inn on a business trip and had a great experience. The staff (front desk and waitresses) where very nice and friendly. The hotel decor of the hotel is outdated and do for a make over, but the rooms where nice and clean. Along with that the beds where nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the great compliments on our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I am very proud of the staff and enjoy sharing comments like yours with them.
I agree the Garden Sleep System beds are very comfortable and its nice to be able to adjust the firmness.
As for the decor we are going on eleven years old and we have plans to start renovations next year. We have been commented on by our guests and even during our inspection at how well we have kept up the condition of the hotel.
I hope you will be returning soon. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance to you.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We checked in at 10pm on a Friday night, and were impressed with the friendly and efficient Front Desk Clerk. Due to a special rate deal, our 3 night stay was split into 2 reservations. This was handled with ease by the helpful clerk, she flagged the reservation so that we would remain in the same room for each night of our stay. When we visited the front desk the next morning to have our room cards recoded for the next reservation, the morning clerk was aware of our situation and knew exactly what to do. Very impressive!

Our room was on the second floor near the elevator, but we did not hear the elevator, the room was very quiet. Everything was in working order. The room was equipped with a Fridge, Microwave, plenty of cupboards and storage, lots of closet space, a desk with a Herman Miller Office Chair, a Lounge-chair with Ottoman, and an extremely comfortable bed. We slept very well in the King Size Bed that was equipped with the adjustable firmness/softness feature that Hilton calls "The Garden Sleep System".

The free High Speed Internet could have been faster, but worked well enough. Loved the Herman Miller Office Chair, and there were plenty of electrical outlets in the desk area.

The Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi are not the biggest, but were clean and well maintained. The fitness room was also compact, but well equipped. A Sauna is adjacent to the fitness room.

We enjoyed the breakfast that was included in our rate-plan. Cooked to order Omelets were delicious, and the fresh fruit selection was excellent. The waitress was friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we did not want to leave. The checkout process was quick and easy, thanks to the great people who work here. We will be back for another stay soon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments from the staff to the cleanliness of the hotel! We greatly appreciate it! Many people read reviews and I am sure that you have helped some of them to feel comfortable in choosing us.
You have so wonderfully listed all the reasons why I am proud to work at this hotel and with the wonderful staff we have.
I hope it won't be to long before you visit us again. Please let me know if ever I may be of assistance to you.

Thank you!