“Best Restaurant Tacos!!”

Anita's Taqueria
Ranked #53 of 217 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am not sure what they do to the tacos at Anita's, and truth be told, I'm not sure that I care either! They are so good, that after enjoying them you soon begin to wonder when is the next time you'll be there, or even nearby!

They have the best crunch, and stay crunchy, if you don't eat the whole thing before you set it down. I always think that I will eat 2, but one is filling along with the beans and rice on the plate.

The prices aren't bad 7.95 for a combo plate, and 9.95 for a Two Taco combo plate.

The wait staff is nice, the service quick, and the food very good! The best find in Livermore!

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This place was the best in town years ago. Now its just mediocre. It seems like every time i give it another shot i get the fire squirts. The tamales taste like they were frozen. The service is ok but overall the foid is hit and miss.

3  Thank scottmiester
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was a great find as I was passing through Livermore on a recent trip. The food I was served tasted very fresh. I had the Tostada Al Carbon. The chips were served promptly and the salsa tasty. I will visit again next time I am in the area.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

After leaving Livermore in 1994, we left behind one of the best Mexican restaurants we had ever visited. Traveling on business this week in the Livermore area, I looked up restaurant's in the review section and Anita's popped up. After all these years, I had forgotten all about Anita's. What a great surprise to find Anita's still going strong after all these years.

If you want a polished chain style atmosphere, this is not your restaurant. But if you want REAL authentic Mexican flavor in a restaurant with authentic Mexican character, this is the place in the valley. First off, the Salsa is to die for. Fresh, and just the right amount of heat. I ordered the Enchilada's Suiza's. OMG. I had to slow myself down so I could enjoy every bite. It is THE BEST enchiladas I have ever had. The service is excellent. With the restaurant almost to capacity (on a Monday night), my dinner was on the table in less than 5 minutes after I ordered.

If you want the real deal, Anita's is your place. If you desire a theme park restuarant, move on.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

When we moved to Livermore we searched out the best Mexican restaurant. Anita's is the best in Livermore for the 20 years we have lived here.

1  Thank Nazsnaz