“Jewel just off the 99”

Wente Vineyards Estate Winery
Ranked #2 of 6 Shopping in Livermore
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was on a bike ride and my partner and I decided to make a stop. The woman pouring was so happy and helpful that we felt right at home. The wines surprised me and won me over.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently attended the Earth Wind and Fire concert. The grounds are beautiful and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The service was good and with the crowds, the staff are a well organized machine, getting people to their seats and through the buffet lineups.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much more intimate the setting was, compared to the online seat chart.
The dinner buffet line went fairly quickly. The chicken and pork loin were over cooked and chewy. I gave up trying to cut and eat it; it was exhausting. The Polenta was very good, as were the spiced nuts. We took extra cups of those to have with our wine after the meal. The desserts were very good (choice of 2 different ones), but were individually handed out by staff. This made for HUGE lineups. The person in the lineup behind me told this was the first time they did this; they normally do a buffet. I suggest they go back to that. People were taking more than one dessert and staff were concerned that they were going to run out. The overall experience was great and will be fondly remembered. Glad we did the buffet dinner in order to experience it all, but next time, I wouldn't wouldnt bother.
We were permitted to bring any leftover wine home with us.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful! Location, wine, food, cultural events!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great time experienced at Wente vineyards in Livermore. Super staff and great value for money with $5 and $10 tasting menus. Beautiful setting and summer concert programme looks great. Far less commercial than Napa and well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

There are actually two wente wineries. One is a tasting room, with a sweet garden to sit and enjoy wine. the other site, has two restaurants. One on the golf course, andthe other is more formal dining. both have seating indoor and out. and both have great menus.

1  Thank ramble_around2000