“It's sad that places like this won't be able to stick around”

Charlie Brown Farms
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Littlerock
Cuisines: American
Santa Clarita, California
“It's sad that places like this won't be able to stick around”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Been going to Charlie Browns for a while now. Have had the best shake of my life there and the worst. Have had great BBQ, the brisket is delish, and the worst...too dry, over cooked, burgers. Tasteless Buffalo. The service and attitude gets worse every time. Although, tonight will probably be my last visit. The staff acts like they're doing you a favor. We got an inquisition when we asked for more BBQ sauce...after spending $40+ on 4 sandwiches and $12 more for 2 shakes, you shouldn't feel like a mooch when you ask for extra BBQ sauce. They roll their eyes at you if you ask questions, and it seems like the effort it takes to expel the air from their lungs to formulate a response it just too much for them to bear. It didn't take too too long to get our food tonight, but last time it took forever, and tonight I overheard another couple wondering if there order had gotten lost because they had been waiting so long. The store is fun. Lots of retro candies, soda's, toys, unique crafts, movie memorabilia. They have jerky, all kinds, not as good as some but still good. They offer jugs and jars to fill with maple syrup, molasses, and three different types of honey. It's a shame the staff is so uncaring and have no sense of customer service. This is a unique place, should be great stop en route to or from Vegas/Las Vegas. Great fun for kids with all the quirky stuff...we really WANT to come back... but really...enjoy the customer, let them know they're wanted, be happy to serve or ...we won't be back.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank alisaj_12

Adelanto, California
“Cool store, terrible restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The store is great! A bit "cluttered" but a fun place to walk through. Candy and Sodas and toys from the 50's, 60's and 70's. as well as a million fun little novelty items. They also carry uncommon meats (turtle, ostrich, rabbit, buffalo and venison) which is interesting to see. (I almost bought some turtle meat just because I had never seen it before.
They have an area where you can buy fresh fudge as well.
The fresh beef jerky is really good.
We bought three dinners. The ribs, chicken and brisket. Sides of fries, potato salad coleslaw and beans. Never in my life have I had a rib as overlooked and dry as the rbs at Charlie Browns. The 1/2 chicken was huge... But it too was overlooked and dry. I have never had dry dark meat before. If the leg and thigh were dry.... Just imagine the dryness of the breast. I was SOOO disapointed.
The fries were soggy and the beans were OK. I didn't taste the potato Salad..... But family said the potato chunks were huge sober all.....below average rating at best for the sides.
The brisket was EXCELLENT! Moist, tender and tasty. If I ever go back... I will order the brisket by the pound and then go next door to McDonalds for the fries.
As mentioned above the service is very slow. It seems to be very unorganized. It looked like they had plenty of staff... But it was like everyone was doing everything.... So it took a long time to get anything done.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is delish, but the service is garbage.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The food here is really good. The service is garbage. It starts with the manager of the place. He has no personality, walks, around and provides service no better then a zombie would. Some employees that take the food orders are no different then the manager. If the owner would change the staff this place would be one of a kind, & thats a compliment.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Miguel V
“Great little get away with great BBQ...”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The food here definitely gives Famous Dave's BBQ the best competition I have ever had. In the High Desert there are many places to eat, but it definitely one of our favorites. Relaxed atmosphere is what you'll expect and a gift shop that you can spend all day in. Don't forget ice cream and yogurt, and yes they fry up their desserts up too!

• Visited June 2013
California City, California
“Must Go Touristy Place to Stop”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I live close by and go in here quite a lot...

The weekends tend to be very busy with all the traffic going through to Las Vegas.

When I go on vacation and see places like this, I always stop ! When I have people visit, I take them here. I always get positive responses and my guests are always enthralled with the uniqueness.

This shop has so many nooks and crannies - each door leading out to other little buildings and so much interesting stuff to look at.

I love the old times sodas - made like they used to be made ...REAL: SODAS and the variety is endless!! They have at least 10 different root bears and all the other flavors as well.

There's a lot of locally produced olives, hot sauces and other novelty food items including but not limited to a pretty good size candy (modern and nostalgic) and sugarless candy section, a small produce area with local fruits and vegetables, home made fudge, etc.

The food is quite good. Barbecue, sandwiches and their famous date shakes (really any flavor shake you can imagine) along with many other items. Yes, the setup for ordering is not the best but relax - it's part of the charm. The dining area is actually very cute with all the wood furnishings.

I could go on and on - there is so much here. Drop in ! You won't regret it !

• Visited June 2013