“Cool store, terrible restaurant”

Charlie Brown Farms
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Littlerock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The store is great! A bit "cluttered" but a fun place to walk through. Candy and Sodas and toys from the 50's, 60's and 70's. as well as a million fun little novelty items. They also carry uncommon meats (turtle, ostrich, rabbit, buffalo and venison) which is interesting to see. (I almost bought some turtle meat just because I had never seen it before.
They have an area where you can buy fresh fudge as well.
The fresh beef jerky is really good.
We bought three dinners. The ribs, chicken and brisket. Sides of fries, potato salad coleslaw and beans. Never in my life have I had a rib as overlooked and dry as the rbs at Charlie Browns. The 1/2 chicken was huge... But it too was overlooked and dry. I have never had dry dark meat before. If the leg and thigh were dry.... Just imagine the dryness of the breast. I was SOOO disapointed.
The fries were soggy and the beans were OK. I didn't taste the potato Salad..... But family said the potato chunks were huge sober all.....below average rating at best for the sides.
The brisket was EXCELLENT! Moist, tender and tasty. If I ever go back... I will order the brisket by the pound and then go next door to McDonalds for the fries.
As mentioned above the service is very slow. It seems to be very unorganized. It looked like they had plenty of staff... But it was like everyone was doing everything.... So it took a long time to get anything done.

1  Thank Bill B

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The food here is really good. The service is garbage. It starts with the manager of the place. He has no personality, walks, around and provides service no better then a zombie would. Some employees that take the food orders are no different then the manager. If the owner would change the staff this place would be one of a kind, & thats a compliment.

1  Thank Miguel V
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The food here definitely gives Famous Dave's BBQ the best competition I have ever had. In the High Desert there are many places to eat, but it definitely one of our favorites. Relaxed atmosphere is what you'll expect and a gift shop that you can spend all day in. Don't forget ice cream and yogurt, and yes they fry up their desserts up too!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I live close by and go in here quite a lot...

The weekends tend to be very busy with all the traffic going through to Las Vegas.

When I go on vacation and see places like this, I always stop ! When I have people visit, I take them here. I always get positive responses and my guests are always enthralled with the uniqueness.

This shop has so many nooks and crannies - each door leading out to other little buildings and so much interesting stuff to look at.

I love the old times sodas - made like they used to be made ...REAL: SODAS and the variety is endless!! They have at least 10 different root bears and all the other flavors as well.

There's a lot of locally produced olives, hot sauces and other novelty food items including but not limited to a pretty good size candy (modern and nostalgic) and sugarless candy section, a small produce area with local fruits and vegetables, home made fudge, etc.

The food is quite good. Barbecue, sandwiches and their famous date shakes (really any flavor shake you can imagine) along with many other items. Yes, the setup for ordering is not the best but relax - it's part of the charm. The dining area is actually very cute with all the wood furnishings.

I could go on and on - there is so much here. Drop in ! You won't regret it !

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stopped by here after hiking for lunch, food was not impressive (not bad, but not noteworthy either)--but, the shakes were good (Almond Roca was the best). The entire restaurant is a cluster and the seating is limited; apparently, there was some seating outside but with desert temperatures reaching 98 degrees I can't imagine that being any fun. You have to get in one line (if you can find the end of the line) to place your order (keep your receipt, you have to show the people at the next line to pick up your order); then, you have to wait somewhere for your drinks--your food will come out later. People are standing in the way waiting for their drinks and food so trying to get to the place to pick up your drinks and food is an exercise is patience. And God forbid if you need anything "extra." I made it back to my seat just to find out that there was no BBQ sauce; I had to fight the crowd to get back to the front of the line for the sauce--they were very reluctant to provide any sauce, the worker said, "Didn't you get any in your order." If you were a tourist, this place could be interesting; it has a lot of "cute" touristy things to see.

1  Thank JAMROX69CA