“Second visit, as good as the first!”

Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Little River B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our visit this summer was as wonderful as last summer. We stayed in Quail Cabin and it was so cozy and nice. Mr. Fred laid a beautiful fire for us each day and delivered the delicious breakfasts cooked by Jo. Wonderful quiet spot and wonderful innkeepers. And of course, the Mendocino area is beyond description, with many nearby destinations. I hope we can return next summer.

Room Tip: The cabin was great, but a tad bit expensive. We've also stayed in the Dennen suite and that wa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Dennen's is the perfect location for a romantic getaway, special celebration, or relaxing escape from the crazy world. We stay at Dennen's once a year because it is a great place for us to recharge our batteries and relieve our stress. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable and the breakfasts are outstanding. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously maintained. Jo, Fred, and their staff do an outstanding job to provide whatever assistance is needed by each guest. They assist guests with anything from suggestions for sightseeing, to reservations for activities or dinner, to massage appointments. We highly recommend Dennen's to anyone who is looking for a comfortable, beautiful, and serene location to relax.

Room Tip: Quail Cottage and the Mendocino Suite are wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

What amazing attentive and personal service and a beautiful Victorian guesthouse. My wife and stayed here while on a road trip driving the California coast. After I made reservations online I received a phone call to ask about any personal preferences for breakfast and if the trip was for a special occasion. The room was beautifully kept, with a fireplace ready to be lit and a view of the ocean. The bed is the most sumptuous bed I've slept in a long time with pillows that just envelope you. Both my wife and I had the best night's sleep. Breakfast is brought to the room and the food is delicious and fresh. There are some great restaurants close by that make a very romantic stay, Definitely worth staying.

1  Thank Beachluvr281
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is the most charming delightful Bed and Breakfast that you will find. It is located just south of the Mendocino village in Little River. The best restaurants are close by. Jo will greet you and find out all of your needs and preferences for breakfast. The rooms are so clean and so quaint, but really comfortable. The feather bed is like falling into a cloud. Our room had a fireplace and an oversized bathtub as well as a sitting room. The most delightful surprise came in the form of a gourmet breakfast in the morning delivered to our room by her husband Fred. The first day we had Jo's "Mendo Puff". It was a melt in your mouth meal kind of delight that made you feel a little guilty for enjoying it so much. There is so much to do, and Jo is a great source for ideas. The two restaurants that we went to (Albion River Inn and The Ledford House) were both spectacular. Jo called ahead and made sure they knew it was my husband's birthday. Also, the two acres of land surrounding the property are a nature lovers delight. If you just want to relax on a bench and enjoy the scenery, it is all there for you. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic getaway, I highly recommend Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse. The only disappointment was that we had to leave. Enjoy!

2  Thank DeidreLing
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow...as I write this I wish I was still in my super comfy 4 poster bed with the fire burning in the corner, the ocean view from the window, drinking the wonderful local wine... This was a couples trip and I would say is more suited to couples. This property oozes charm and character throughout, it is tastefully decorated and has a vast and plentiful garden. Ocean can be seen from the property and there is a beautiful secluded cove walking distance. The room was the ultimate in comfort - comfy beds, plush bed linen, fluffy towels, fireplace in the corner, flowers in the room etc. it is a great location for exploring the beautiful Mendocino coast - either right on your doorstep or a short drive to Mendocino town itself. There is a variety of restaurants near the restaurant so you don't need to go to Mendocino but I would recommend a visit as it is another beautiful place to visit! You can get really tasty local wine at reasonable prices at Dennen's and the breakfast is delicious. Jo, Fred, and the rest of the team are always on hand to assist with anything and eager to do so. All in all it was a truly memorable stay and I hope to return one day.

1  Thank Davina P
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Where do I begin to share my boyfriends and my Lovely,Delightful,Romantic,Magical moments at this OH so Charming B&B!!! Jo you are Awesome along with Fred for going out of your way to making us feel welcomed before we arrived and then once we did get there, WOW, we were all Smiles from beginning to end. My Wonderful Boyfriend had planned a Special Surprise for me which Jo made sure happened. The hand dipped chocolate strawberries were so Yummy! We also enjoyed the tasty champagne too...... It was so Romantic with the cozy, crackly, warm fire in the coolest freestanding fireplace ever! I Love antique's, so I was in Heaven. We stayed for 3 unforgettable nights in the Tree View room that we both fell in Love with! So quaint, cozy, comfortable with a bed that felt as if you are sleeping on the softest cloud ever! (I got another feather bed for my bed at home after that).. Every morning we in Heaven after Jo made the Best, Delicious, Mouth watering breakfast brought to our room so we could enjoy it by the warm fire my Sweetheart enjoyed lighting and keeping tended to. Jo is a 5 Star Chef and has a Heart of Gold too. Everyone on the staff made sure all our needs & wishes were met. We are planning on our next adventure here again, hope to stay in the same room to enjoy another Memorable, Unforgettable, Romantic getaway in Magical Mendocino!!! The beauty here reminds me so much of another Magical place, (Big Sur) which I Love and so does my Honey. He Loves it in Mendocino more thou, and who knows maybe we might even move here someday!! We want to stay close to the coast and the Majestic Towering Redwoods!!! Heaven on Earth! Again Thank You Jo, Fred, & staff for the Memories..... Most of all I want to Thank my Sweetheart, cause without Him I would not have gotten to experience this Magical Paradise called MENDOCINO!!! Love, Love, Love :-) :-)

Room Tip: The Tree View Room for a Romantic Fun Filled Time!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsyhearts
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just spent a beautiful weekend at Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse. We stayed in the Mendocino Suite, which was very comfortable, clean, and cozy, yet spacious. The food was absolutely delicious. The property was lovely and was just a short walk down to a private cove/beach, which was absolutely gorgeous. The entire experience was very relaxing and just perfect. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Little River
Stanford Inn by the Sea
Stanford Inn by the Sea
#6 of 25 in Mendocino

Been to Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse? Share your experiences!