“OK food, Poor service”

Little River Inn Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Little River Inn Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Little River Airport Road
Description: Family hospitality meets fine cuisine at this landmark coastal resort. Looking out upon magnificent ocean and garden views, the Little River Inn Restaurant is well known for its comfortable atmosphere and enticing fresh local fare. Executive Chef Marc Dym creates dishes that are at once familiar and modern, while the friendliest staff on the coast makes you feel like part of the family.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had dinner on a Thursday night after a long drive into town. The dining room wasn't completely full but was there was still a 10-15 minute wait for a table. We approached the host to put our name in for a table and were told someone would seat us after the group ahead of us- the host would not take our name. That group was seated and we waited to be called up. The host made some inappropriate comment along the lines of "don't stand back so far, I don't bite hard". (Um, eww?) He took our name and told us it would be a few minutes. We were seated at a table squished in the corner. It was very difficult for 3 of the people in our group to get to their chairs.

One person in our group left the table to wash her hands and the host returned to recite the specials. I had to ask him to return when she was there so she could hear the specials too.

The food was good. Their vegetable bisque was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed their meals, but it was only just ok. For $25+ per plate you expect a little more when it comes to food quality, and much more when it comes to customer service.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

There was some kind of club gathering that distracted the staff. Regardless, our server made sure we were well taken care of. Well-tended plants out of every window except the bar overlooked the ocean.

We shared the delicious meatloaf special.....and it was special.

Be sure to make a reservation!!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just there, 2 hours ago. Seated before dinner rush then Katrina gave us weak, absentminded service apart from basic food sales. The food isn't worth it. For what it's worth, I rarely comment if I don't like a restaurant but with it's rep and prices, Little River Inn has some obligation to meet expectations. I usually tip 20%, went 10% tonight.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We ate an early dinner in the bar, where you can order from the bar menu or the dinner menu. The service was friendly and good, considering there was only one waitress and one bartender, and every table and seat was filled. Tuesday is “taco Tuesday” with Mexican specials. When we told our waitress we were from Arizona and our standards for Mexican cuisine were high, she brought us a bowl of chips, pico de gallo and habanero salsa to try, complimentary. We shared the Dungeness crab cakes, which my husband said was the best dish we had on a two-week vacation. They were about $13 for two, but when you live in Arizona and don't get good crabcakes . . . We also shared a burrito, filled with rice and carnitas served with rice, beans, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. The burrito was large enough to share and was very good (though not as good as our local Mexican restaurant). She also brought us ANOTHER bowl of chips and pico de gallo. When a gentleman at the bar got a hamburger, it looked so good everyone craned their neck to get a peek. We returned the next night and had the fish and chips, which were very good as well. Little River Inn is a definite must try.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

What I really wanted to talk about was how good the Clam Chowder was.
We sat in the bar and watched the most beautiful sunset. I have known for years about their delicious prime rib and the their Sunday Brunch.
I never order Clam Chowder but my good friend who went to Culinary Institute of America said you have got to have the Clam Chowder since I trust her ... I had it ... It was to live for... The best ever and I lived in Boston, Maine, all over New England . The broth was sublime.
Try it you'll love it.