“Fish to perfection!!!”
Review of Wild Fish

Wild Fish
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 100% Local & Organic The culinary team at Wild Fish procure produce locally from farmers, fishermen & women and foragers - the fish is always wild and fresh. Everything is made from scratch and in house.
arcadia
“Fish to perfection!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

A charming restaurant with great and welcoming staff! The chef does fish to perfection! Don't miss this wonderful little gem!

• Visited August 2014

Eugene, Oregon
“PORTIONS TOO SMALL FOR THE $$”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went here on the recommendation of friends. It's a charming, small spot -- probably only seven or eight tables, some with a nice view of the ocean. The menu is quite creative and, as can be expected in this area, quite expensive. The cheapest wine available by the glass is $14.

The problem for us was that while the prices were high and the food was great, portions were incredibly small. At the suggestion of friends who'd eaten here before, we ordered the salmon collar appetizer at $14. Salmon collar is widely considered to be a throw-away portion of the fish. Wild Fish uses a flavorful dry rub on the collar, adds some balsamic reduction and a few slices of summer squash. It was very tasty. However, for $14, we got just three bites out of the collar.

For my entree, I ordered the 'spaghetti' with heirloom tomatoes. The 'spaghetti' noodles, as explained on menu, were actually spiralized zucchini with a light sauce and some heirloom tomatoes. Sounded great. But for $22, I got a teensy, appetizer-sized portion that was probably made of 3/4 of one small zucchini and literally, six halves of cherry tomato. It was no more than four bites. It was very tasty, but certainly not an entree-sized portion. And I thought the mark-up was outrageous for what I got. Our server inquired about how we liked our meal, and I said it was great, but that I was surprised how small the portion was. I got a mere shoulder shrug.

My husband ordered the $28 boulibasse and was quite happy with the flavor of the broth. Again, the portion was small, but not as startlingly small as my entree.

In general, we were happy with the flavors and presentation of our meals, and the service was quite friendly and efficient. But for the price, we could get nearly twice as much food in several other restaurants in nearby Mendocino.

San Francisco, California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to Wild Fish on the recommendation of someone at our hotel. Otherwise, I think we would've missed it completely. It's a tiny little place hidden behind a gas station along the side of the road. It's very small - maybe 10 or 12 small tables. But the views are beautiful. We went with a baby so we purposely went early to avoid crowds - probably 5pm or so. Even then it was filling up, and most people had reservations. At first we didn't think they would be able to take us with our baby car seat, but they moved some things around and made it work. It was a little tight, but no problems. The food was amazing. Wife had the bouillabaisse. Not really my thing, but she loved it. I had the king salmon. Beautiful fish and nicely cooked. Maybe just a touch more on the medium rare side than I would prefer, but not enough to send it back. Dessert was some sort of chocolate toffee concoction that was also delicious. They also had a really nice wine list - not huge, but featuring local wineries. A bit pricey, but worth it for a special occasion kind of dinner. We would go back.

Seattle, Washington
“Lovely evening!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

For our last night in the area, we decided to spurge and were so happy with our choice. Wild Fish had a great salmon main meal, friendly owners and a cozy feel. The salmon collar special was also very good. We enjoyed chatting with them about how they prepared their very fresh seafood and their hopes and dreams for their family endeavor.

Best wishes to the Jacobs and Wild Fish!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yummy and Fresh!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Fantastically adorable restaurant serving freshest catches - farm to table….
Small restaurant settled behind a gas station and convenient store however with a beautiful view of the North Coast. Trek over to Wild Fish, it's worth it!