“Finally some fish!”
Review of Wild Fish

Wild Fish
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 100% Local & Organic The culinary team at Wild Fish procure produce locally from farmers, fishermen & women and foragers - the fish is always wild and fresh. Everything is made from scratch and in house.
Fort Bragg, California, United States
“Finally some fish!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I live here on the Mendo coast and I am elated that someone finally opened a place that specializes in seafood!
Whaddya know, a fish restaurant in an ocean village!
I love the food here--the staff has done a fab job with a really fun, risky, different and absolutely delicious menu that has changes frequently with what is available.
Yes, the food here takes time to come out, but it is REAL food, SLOW food, not fast food, and prepared with care, conscience and always worth the wait.
The owners care about the locals and offer us a fun surprise dish from a different region of the world every Thurs for only $25 including wine !
Yes, the place is small, but I think they staff makes great use of the space and it is more like restaurants I have encountered in Britain where the owners hail from and where it is ok to start a conversation with other patrons.
Yes, it is a bit on the pricey side, but no more so than most Mendo spots and better tasting.
The food biz is tough these days-especially up here-and I commend them for being brave enough to attempt such a sumptuous endeavor.
We should welcome Wild Fish with open arms--and mouths.
A must stop for seafood lovers.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great food, unique and friendly owners”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed a meal here while vacationing in a nearby town. It was recommended to us by the innkeeper at our B&B. We were the first to arrive for dinner, and were greeted by both owners (a couple from England). They were friendly, and sat us at the window with the best view. We both had the special (black cod, steamed asparagus, lemon risotto with blood orange sauce), which was SO GOOD. Several other guests at our B&B reported slow service, but they went later when the restaurant was full (9 tables). My suggestion is to definitely try this place, but go early! It seems they could benefit from an additional staff member.

1 Thank marcene0219
Stockton,CA
“not too good”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Food ok; no atmosphere; too small, therefore too close to other diners; felt like people were listening to my conversation--and it wasn't even that interesting; can't recommend it

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank J S
Kansas City, MO
“Great little place in Little River - must try”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Decided to give Wild Fish a shot for dinner one night on our trip - or at least try. They're not open until dinner time, but I emailed them around 9 AM to see if they had availability and they responded in like 10 minutes and said yes, which was nice. Got there right at 6:30, got seated at a nice table (only 8 tables in the entire restaurant, I think). The place is run by a charming British couple, who seemed to really appreciate our business. Started off with a bottle of fume blanc (well priced, by the way) that was local and very good. We split the organic kale salad as an appetizer (which would end up being the only minor nit of this dining experience later on), and it was absolutely fabulous! Yes, kale! But it tasted great, had some nice things in it that I can't really remember now, maybe some pine nuts and a touch of blue cheese or Humboldt Fog goat cheese. Either way, it was a great salad! For the entrees, my wife got the halibut and I got the steelhead, which I had to ask what it was. I had heard the term used to describe Salmon before, but as they explained, it could be trout or could be salmon, and now that I think about it, I don't quite understand even now. I'm pretty sure it tasted like salmon to me, but even if it was trout it was absolutely delicious. The skin was great, as was the meat of the fish. I mean just really fresh and delicious. Skin was crispy, much better than the skin I might normally even peel completely off salmon. For dessert, of course with all the raves about the sticky toffee pudding, I had to try that, and I was not disappointed. It really was out of this world. Really more like cake than pudding, with a nice toffee or butterscotch sauce and some vanilla ice cream with it. And coffee, which was also great. Great tasting coffee, nice and hot. And the bill wasn't all that bad considering these were over $30 entrees and a bottle of wine and dessert and my wife had port and I had coffee. I think it was only like $130 or $140? But the one thing that bugged us was that they added a $2 charge for splitting the salad. We recalled having been asked if we wanted a separate plate for each of us when we said we wanted to split the salad, and wonder now if that's what added the $2 splitting charge. As Cheryl said, we could've just had one plate and passed it back and forth between us. Anyway it really was a delicious dinner. The reviews I'd read were wildly disparate - either absolutely great or absolutely horrible and nothing in between. I'm giving it an absolutely great review. Other than the splitting charge, the food was fantastic, the setting/ambiance was great, we were there after sunset but it has a great view of the ocean and would be a nice place to eat at sunset. Just remember to make reservations whenever you commit to eating here. I'd go back.

Visited February 2013
Eureka, California
“BEST food ever!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What a lovely lunch I had with a good friend today. The perfect day sitting at tables overlooking the bluffs and sea! Small space but BIG taste in the food! Wonderful owners, very hospitable. Service was excellent and very personal. The selections were wonderful....hard to decide what to have!! The "catch of the day" was fish-cakes, purple potatoes roasted to perfection, lovely crisp greens....a tangy oriental spicy sauce for the fish cakes. DELISH!! Great wine and beer list as well. You must not miss this restaurant while visiting the north coast of California. Just a couple miles south of Mendocino! This food just can't be beat! I am a "local" and will return often.