“Fish at its best”
Review of Wild Fish

Wild Fish
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 100% Local & Organic The culinary team at Wild Fish procure produce locally from farmers, fishermen & women and foragers - the fish is always wild and fresh. Everything is made from scratch and in house.
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This cosy restaurant is located on Highway 1 has fantastic views (we witnessed a spectaculr sunset) and has a wonderful ambiance with smooth jazz accompanying some truly exceptional fish dishes. It must have the best setting for any fish restaurant along that part of the coast. The freshness of the fish is complimented by the obvious talents of the new chef who produced perfectly cooked dishes with a lovely balance of flavours and textures. It is definitely a restaurant that is a treat for both those who are not regular fish eaters as well as connoseurs. We loved it so much we visited more than once during our recent trip to California! The bouillabaisse was worthy of any restaurant we have been to (including France), we also had succulent scallops, halibut, black and rock cod - all delightful. There is also an excellent wine list, mainly of locally sourced wines from the Sonoma Valley which complimented each dish, Highly recommended.

1  Thank Louise H

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Wild Fish is just a year old and deserves your attention. Its proprietors, a couple from London, England are making a good go of it, offering the freshest fish and a warm, cordial welcome. We're so glad we tried it and will return next time we're on the Mendocino Coast.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We dined last night at Wild Fish. Interesting is the best way to describe this place. First of all the British couple who owns it are really nice, a bit quirky and a lot of fun. They make every effort to speak with guests and make sure you are happy. The place is tiny with just a few tables but very nice with a amazing view of the Pacific. Great wine and beer list accompanies a very limited seafood menu. The oysters and fish we had was very fresh and top notch. The negatives however were that the portions were very small and the prices were honestly ridiculous for what we were served. Our bill for four was $187 with tip. I had the cod dish which was about four bites of fish served with exactly four red potatoes and a small bit of spinach. I also had three oysters. My wife had the fish stew which while excellent was four mussles, four shrimp and one tiny piece of salmon about the size of a cookie. We all left hungry. I gave Wild Fish an average rating because when you are charging $30 per plate there simply has to be more food. The service is slow but freindly...make sure you allow time as it appears that they perhaps have only one other person helping out. This place could be great I hope they tighten things up because I would give it one more try in the future.

1  Thank Gary P
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had dinner and was very happy with the whole experience. The owners (a British couple) are funny and engaging. Got the dinner off on the right foot. I had fish and my wife the duck. The fish was very fresh, perfectly cooked and moderate imagination in making it more than just a cooked slab of fish. My wife did not let me try the duck as the quantity was on the smallish side, but did report that she enjoyed it. Potatoes and carrots were exceptionally good. Watched the sunset over the water as we ate. Terrific view plus good food.

1  Thank PeterDeon
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Wife had black cod and I had Duck, which were both done very well. The British couple which have taken over this small (10 tables or so) went out of their way to make the visit enjoyable. Wine list was very affordable, which is a rarity in most restaurants.