“Truly memorable experience...”
Review of Kayak Mendocino

Kayak Mendocino
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The experience was absolutely true to their description.

We kayaked through caves and then into a cove where there were a couple of seals with their pups watching us from 10 feet away.

You will not regret doing this trip.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We spoke with Craig to arrange a kayak trip off of the coast of Mendocino. At his suggestion we waited one more day to let the winds settle. Our tour was amazing. Saw wild life, rowed through the caves, followed the bluffs. We were visiting for my 50th birthday and I was a little nervous about how strenuous it would be, but Craig paced it perfectly for our level of ability. We couldn't believe it was only $50.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I are from the midwest and own our own Ocean Kayaks. Since we live in the midwest, we never get to kayak on the ocean. I called Craig the day before we were traveling up to Mendocino. He was very helpful in planning our kayak trip. He warned us that if the current turned to the worse, we might not be able to go out. December kayaking is not impossible, but much colder than in the summer. We ended up going at 11am on Friday morning, 12/23/11. Craig told us to wear layers (under the provided wetsuit and jacket). He provided everything we needed, which was great. Once we got out in the ocean, we were all hot. Better to be over protected than freezing! Unfortunatley for us, the tide was higher, and only got higher while we were out there, so we were not able to explore the caves. It was still a great experience and now we have another reason (among the many) to go back to Mendo! If you are prone to motion sickness, try to remember dramamine at least an hour before going.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our guide, Nicholas, led us on an exciting ride along the coast through caves and into hidden beaches. What a great way to experience the beauty of the coast - this activity is a special treat.

1  Thank Junebug1482
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We went to Mendocino in late October and worried that it might be too cold to kayak but the weather was predicted to be clear so we decided to kayak with Kayak Mendocino. We were SO glad that we decided to go out with them. It was a beautiful fall day out and was so warm that I was fine without the wetsuit that they provided. They provided a water jacket, life jacket, wet suit, water shoes, the kayak and a fun trip. I took my camera in a waterproof bag and took some great photos. Water was crystal clear and same many starfish, elephant seal bathing and other sea life. We've kayaked before but I wouldn't have gone out this far on my own and found the great caves along the way. I think it is a great outing whether you have had no prior kayaking experience or are very comfortable. Highly recommended! Definitely worth $50 for the time out on the water. I think it was about 2 hours.