Glendeven Inn Mendocino
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Little River Inn(Little River)
$175
Heritage House Resort(Little River)(Great Value!)
$169
$89
$80
$234
$186
Coast Inn & Spa(Fort Bragg)
$100
$78
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$128
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$65
Agoda.com
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$115
$100
Anchor Lodge Motel(Fort Bragg)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine barb bgarret roomeach morningllama pasturebriar roserose roomchickendelicious breakfastfarm fresh eggswine hourhiking trailscarriage houseother guestscookiesbaked goodsshared table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2009

My first trip to Mendocino was with my parents recapturing an 80's moment at the Heritage House on their anniversary in 2006. I fell in love with Mendocino but not the House. Aluminum windows and linoleum on the floor somehow did not capture the magic of this special place on the coastline. I knew there had to be something better and more authentic and on my next trip I found it when I discovered Glendeven. The main house is a historic residence and the surrounding structures house rooms that have all the charm and grace you would expect and wish for in this environment! Antiques, original details and outstanding service with none of the pretense that sometimes comes with getaways of this quality. I have just booked my second stay at the property which is very near the private airport I use to get to and from the area. Special mention must be made about the lovely Ashley, the friendly, wonderful voice of the Inn. Her charisma and positive nature reminded me not to even consider another inn at Mendocino.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank beechtrip
Reviewed January 4, 2009

The Glendeven Inn is just amazing. Not a detail was missed. Mendocino is a magical place and our stay at the Glendeven made it even more magical. John and Mike are truly experts. John gave us great tips for beatiful coastal hikes and unique local restaurants that we would have otherwise missed. Their Inn is clean, comfortable, full of old world charm and great up to date style. The wine tasting, food tasting (both locally sourced), breakfast (with fresh eggs from the beautiful chickens behind the inn), and snacks before a hike were all done to perfection. Thanks to John and Mike! I hope many more enjoy their stay as much as we did!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Glendeven for one night, and wished we stayed longer!

The grounds are immaculate, we loved the llamas. chickens and the resident kitten.

The room we stayed in was Pinewood. We selected that room for the privacy and king sized bed- we would definitely stay in that room again! The room is spacious but cozy. We enjoyed the fireplace ( nicely set up for our use) our sitting area near the window was a perfect spot to relax and read a book. We often don't realize how much "noise" is part of our day to day, it was a welcome respite to enjoy our surroundings without a television or phone.

John and Mike were wonderful hosts. We went to the wine bar for wine and cheese at 6:30pm, then took John's suggestion and sat at the bar for a light dinner at The Ledford House ( 5 miles south) and enjoyed the live jazz music playing in the background. Although it was dark, we went outside to the deck and could envision what beautiful sunsets they must enjoy!

The next morning we had a delicious breakfast and took another of John's suggestions, to head up north, about 6 miles beyond Ft. Bragg, to the Pacific Star Winery - the winery sits atop a cliff which overlooks the sea.. breathtaking! There is a large picnic area to enjoy your wine and picnic ( we stopped at Harvest market for the goods) It's cold and windy but the view is worth it!

Thanks John and Mike, we'll return as soon as we can.

Kim & Jim
Pleasanton, CA

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 3, 2009

The property looked wonderful on the Web and it didn't disappoint when we arrived. Superb accommodations and a really super staff. We enjoyed the reception each evening but especially appreciated the breakfast at the door each morning. Original and delicious cuisine that made us forgo our diet plans for another few days. Don't stay here unless you are ready to be pampered.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We arrived without reservations. We were very pleased the Glendeven Inn had a beautiful suite for us. The wine bar, in the barn, was newly opened and my hats go off to the owners. They have selected good wines and the hors d'oeuvres were delicious. The lovely property has llamas and a chicken coop with hens. In the morning, breakfast is served to your room, in a wicker basket, filled with a perfect breakfast.
I advise everyone visiting the area, pack your hiking boots and make time to explore the Van Damme (Little river) campground and the trail up through the majestic redwood forest. Also take your camera and walk out to the sea cliffs and keep your eyes open for migrating whales and playful seals. All of this is right outside your door of the Glendeven Inn.
We highly recommend is Inn, we will be back,
Two Santa Barbara natives.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple