“Friendly service, average food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Roseville, California
“Friendly service, average food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

The lightening in this place is very dim, but aren't a lot of bars? The menu has a surprising number of choices, much more than any other food serving bar. It's more like a cafe. I've heard great reviews about their fish tacos, but none of the four of us was up to battered food at lunch. I settled for the Storm Burger with a handmade hamburger topped with grilled mushrooms and melted cheese with sweet potato fries, and was pleasantly surprised. Everything tasted fresh, not too salty and low on the grease. My husband had the Dillian's Cheese burger and onion rings, both of which were average tasting. Both the fries and rings were pretty dull and limp.

We didn't drink any alcohol, so cannot attest to that, but the service was good with little wait time. Try it out.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ougeekgirl

lincoln, ca
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be fooled by the look of the place...the food is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

So, I found this place by accident. It looks like a hole-in-the-wall old school bar. Inside it looked like a typical bar, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out they have a full menu, typical bar food, but much more too! I had the fish tacos, best I've ever had no joke. My three friends had the skirt steak sandwich, so flavorful, the meatloaf sandwich special that was better than her mom's, and the ca burger, you can tell that they make their hamburger patty's fresh...it was the bomb. The portions were big we all had some to take home. Oh, and you get a choice of seasoned fries or HOMEMADE potato chips with entrees. Do get the potato chips you won't be disappointed. The server/bartender Carl was very attentive, my glass was never empty. He mentioned that the new chef took over the kitchen a few weeks ago and the menu has totally changed for the better. I don't know what the food was like before, but I'll definately be back for more. Oh, and if you're a smoker they have a separate semi enclosed area with darts, video games etc. In the non smoking area that we were in there was a huge projector screen that they run the games on, and a stage for karaoke.

1 Thank jonesin4more