“Great stay experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed December 29, 2010

From the moment I walked in to the hotel I felt at home. The staff is very friendly, greeting you as you come in. The Otis Spunkmayer cookies at 4 are an especially nice touch! My room was beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. There was an ipod docking station, nice tv, and nice shampoo/lotion/ soaps in the bathroom. The workout room has four state-of-the-art cardio machines and a tv with a remote (no FOX news 24-7). The indoor pool and jacuzzi are very clean and new-looking. There is free breakfast with coffee, tea, pastries, cereal, eggs. Pretty good for free! Overall, the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, one that you want while in a hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln

Reviewed November 23, 2010

My family and I were in town for a funeral. This hotel was the closest to my family. Not only was it one of the best hotels I have stayed in but they gave a special bereavement rate. Every staff member we encountered was friendly. Christen at the front desk was especially helpful. Every request from helping us find restaurants, stores and other basic questions were answered timely, courteously and with a big smile. The hotel lobby, workout room, pool and spa were just as clean as the rooms. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. If you need a place to stay in Lincoln or on your way through California this is a great place. A complete thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Since I saw the in-room spa picture in the ad, I thought all the rooms came with a spa. There was hardly anyone staying at the hotel and I asked if I could have one of those rooms. After the new night clerk (she tried very hard) asked the night manager, I was told all the rooms were occupied. As it turned out, that was not true. Very few rooms were occupied and those were not.

Then I asked if I could stay a second night at the preferred rate and the night manager said "Yes." However the next morning a different manager was on duty and said, "Absolutely not." She would not honor the previous night's manager's word. The hotel lost over $12,000 because I was reviewing my stay to see where I would spend 5 nights a week while I was working in the area for a year.

The room was not clean. The carpet had an unmentionable stain on the carpet next to the bed. Ew!

There was constant noise from a fan in the bathroom that could not be turned off

I found a much nicer hotel in the area to accommodate me for the rest of my stay, for a lower price.

It was a "Big Mistake!" as Julia Roberts pointed out in Pretty Woman to some people in a store who missed out on a very good client. Not only did they miss out on my future business, but also any business that I may have referred.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Equityforlife
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I came into lincoln for work and it wasnt the best trip but as soon as I got off work and checked into this hotel I was completely relaxed. They have a great spa and fitness room that helped after a long day of work. the rooms are kept up nicely and you feel safe since its all indoors. The front desk was very nice and helpful pointing me always in the right direction. This hotel is extremely worth every penny i spent, I am completely satisfied and plan to stay more.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Hotel seems newly built. Rooms are spacious and clean.
Trendy design.
Decent complimentary breakfast.
If going to concert at Sleep Train, would recommend staying here.
Only complaint was difficulty to locate, even with GPS. Had to call hotel for additional directions as did several others.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel for the past two years -- great last year when it was basically new. This year it has degraded -- housekeeping not cleaning rooms, replacing towels -- facility becoming worn without proper maintenance, air conditioning loud/rattles, wireless internet doesn't work in rooms on end of hallways, telephone system rings for no apparent reason in the middle of the night -- breakfast is marginally stocked, typically no fruit, nasty scrambled eggs, no milk (I guess the breakfast is really ok, the housekeeping staff typically crowds around the food in front of the paying guests...good thing they don't have to worry about cleaning rooms...) Worst of all (and possibly the root cause) is a local management team which either doesn't care, or is completely unaware (or both). Quick suggestion, if you're looking for the front desk staff in the morning, check the front parking lot (under the arrival awning) you'll find them out there smoking. Word of warning -- don't ask for any assitance -- you'll get a crappy answer and plenty of attitude. NOT STAYING HERE AGAIN...

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCV07
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Once again we enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express, the staff is excellent, the rooms and the entire site is constantly being cleaned. The food in the morning has always been excellent, however, this time the eggs tasted like powdered eggs, and they were awful, however, everything else was very good. Since we are Priority Club members our room was upgraded, and it was very clean as always. The Inn is located on the side of a very large shopping center, and within walking distance of a number of restaurants so it is very convenient.

The only comment I would like to make is that the young ladies at the front desk are not dressed properly, they both need to dress more professionally, the young lady that checked us out the next morning looked like she had not had a shower or combed her hair, and she had on a very faded, stained, and torn hoodie, and when I saw her in the lobby earlier in the morning I thought she was someone who was visiting a person at the inn, never someone who worked for Holiday Inn. The Inn deserves some attention from upper level supervisors, to ensure that their image is protected, first impressions matter. I did notice that the rest of the ladies working in the Inn were wearing clean uniforms, and were doing a heck of a job cleaning the rooms and the entire Inn, everyone of the young ladies we met on the floor were smilling and courteous. High marks for the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fressia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln? Share your experiences!