“Clean, Pet Friendly, Comfortable Beds and More!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and checked in about 11 pm the day we were to arrive. No hassles, no problems; it was an easy transaction. Got to our room on the third floor and it was great. If you have sensitive allergies like myself then you will be happy to know that I did not experience any terrible odors from the room. I did not smell harsh chemicals, pet smells, cigarette smells (even though it's non-smoking) or anything else of that nature. We don't like room service entering our room so we just put a do not disturb sign (compliments of the hotel) on the door and we didn't hear from them the whole time we were there. We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite and it was fine for 3 people - 2 adults, 1 child. The entire staff in the hotel was friendly and outgoing. We were always greeted with a smile and a hello. There is a continental breakfast which consists of warm and cold food for your pleasure. On the main floor there is a business center (WiFi is decent throughout the hotel), a gym and a pool/spa area. The indoor pool isn't large but will entertain the kids if they are bored and it's hot outside and there is a patio just outside the pool room doors.

This hotel is near the Lincoln Bypass (HWY 65) and Ferrari Ranch Road which can get a bit noisy so if you have issues with traffic this may not be the best hotel for you.

If you have accidentally left some of your toiletries behind at home or at the last hotel, don't fret! There is a Target right beside the hotel. Need food, treats, or something else for your pet? No problem! There is a PetSmart right beside the hotel as well! There are also a few dining choices to choose from in the area.

So you may be asking yourself, why did the author only give 4 stars out of 5. I did that because the rooms each come with a window that can be opened. It takes some force to get them open but they do. My suggestion to folks with small children is to request suites on the main floor. When we opened our window (remember we were on the 3rd floor), I nearly fell out the window because the screens are not secured in place. In fact my screen was barely hanging on. None of the windows have locks that only allow the window to be opened up to a certain point so you are then stuck playing the "who will fall to their doom" game today. You could always play it safe with running the air conditioner or heat, instead though. We like fresh air sometimes though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn S

Reviewed June 9, 2013

A fairly new hotel in a very good location to give access to the city of Lincoln for business or pleasure.The staff are very friendly and helpful in every way.The breakfast fare leaves a lot to be desired.,especially the hot breakfast. Visitors should also be aware that there is a daily charge for car parking. These are minor problems that do not detract from the fact that this is a very good hotel for comfort access,value etc.

Room Tip: No problems.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have stayed here many times over the past 3 years, mainly around holidays to visit family who live in Del Webb which is nearby. A bonus was that they gave a Del Webb discount. In the early days, this place was great, probably due to being a new property. Near restaurants, shopping etc. convenient location. It was clean inside and out. Quiet with basic amenities.... Until last year, when I noticed the quick decline. From the front desk staff wearing wrinkled shirts to mold in the shower, I could see that the attention to detail was slipping. But that wasn't the worst of it. Here's what we experienced during our last 3 visits:
-- an argument late at night next door ending in something crashing against the shared wall;
-- someone smoking weed in a nearby room;
--dogs barking in the hall after midnight;
--someone trying to get into our room (2x) again around midnight. I assume they just had the wrong room by mistake... But it's still unnerving.
--no functioning tv
--walls are VERY THIN. You can hear your neighbors conversations and other activities. ;)

Bottom line, I left each trip feeling exhausted from not sleeping. That's when I drew the line.
We are now on the hunt for a new place. Stay tuned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vvanderlust
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear vvanderlust,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were the casino and they recommended this place. Nice room, excellent bed and pillows. Nice free breakfast. I think I'm gonna make Holiday Inn Express my go to of choice from now on.
Staff was friendly and parking was easy. It's right off the highway so has easy access. not noisy at all but I don't think they were full. No kids, a plus for me because of the noise. Loved this place, would return.

Room Tip: probably go high and way from elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Spent a night at this location while on a business trip. Good location close to the highway and several options for food within walking distance. The front desk staff was very friendly but the breakfast area staff didn't even say good morning nor ask if everything was okay with the breakfast. I was giving a room that was a handicapped room and it was larger than the standard room which was nice. It had a fridge and microwave which isn't typical. I'd definately recommend a room that isn't facing the street/front of property because of the noise from the highway and road in front of the property.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that isn't facing the road as well as a room on the 3rd floor. I was able to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It had been a long day of travel and several business meetings and I was very tired. I needed a good quiet room to stay at. I had booked the Holiday Inn Express in Lincoln, CA. I was very pleased as I entered the hotel and was warmly greeted. My reservation was all ready for me and had a very nice room. The hotel design was very elegant, clean and tasteful. My room was very nice and very clean. I am a cleanliness nut. I got a very nice night's sleep and had a good breakfast. I will return to this hotel when I am back in this area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a good experience. Very friendly staff, clean and quiet even though near the freeway. A short stroll across the parking lot to Mimi's Cafe for a quick dinner was another plus.

As a Priority Club member, I was given a nice room/suite and a couple bottles of water. I slept well in the comfortable bed. The free breakfast covered the essentials.

Some hotels at this level have noisy air conditioners under the room window. This relatvely new Holiday has the quiet central type of AC with a thermostat. This is going to be a big plus during a stay when the Sacramento Valley's summer heat becomes an issue.

Keeping in mind that it is a Holiday Inn Express and not a Marriott or Embassy Suites, there were no complaints.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln? Share your experiences!