“Very Quiet and Very Clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Auberry, California
“Very Quiet and Very Clean”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It had been a long day of travel and several business meetings and I was very tired. I needed a good quiet room to stay at. I had booked the Holiday Inn Express in Lincoln, CA. I was very pleased as I entered the hotel and was warmly greeted. My reservation was all ready for me and had a very nice room. The hotel design was very elegant, clean and tasteful. My room was very nice and very clean. I am a cleanliness nut. I got a very nice night's sleep and had a good breakfast. I will return to this hotel when I am back in this area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a good experience. Very friendly staff, clean and quiet even though near the freeway. A short stroll across the parking lot to Mimi's Cafe for a quick dinner was another plus.

As a Priority Club member, I was given a nice room/suite and a couple bottles of water. I slept well in the comfortable bed. The free breakfast covered the essentials.

Some hotels at this level have noisy air conditioners under the room window. This relatvely new Holiday has the quiet central type of AC with a thermostat. This is going to be a big plus during a stay when the Sacramento Valley's summer heat becomes an issue.

Keeping in mind that it is a Holiday Inn Express and not a Marriott or Embassy Suites, there were no complaints.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 12, 2013

aside from being in the middle of nowhere-ville strip mall hell, they are also suck at accounting. For some reason their reservation system double booked me and charged me for two rooms. Judging by the lack of shock from the person at the front desk, I'm guessing this happens a lot. They told me they would refund my account immediately. 3 days later still no credit so I called them again. They informed me that immediately can take up to 15 days. Since I payed for this craphole with my debit card I would have to wait 15 days to get my money back. Funny, my back was able to do in one when I disputed the charges.

I have zero respect for a low budget dump run by incompetent people that think it is acceptable to overcharge you and not pay you back in a reasonable amount of time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jay_paul_sf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear jay_paul_sf,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pasadena, California
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were taking my daughter to medical appointments in the Auburn/Nevada City area. She is an active youngster, and we needed space for her to run about and to swim. One of the nearest indoor pools was in Lincoln at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. We stayed three nights. Booking our usual room: two queen beds, I found that the beds were both not firm enough for my back. After the first night, we worked with the manager to change to one king bed with a rollaway. We got a bigger room, and the rollaway was decent enough (few of them are) so that I didn't have to put the mattress on the floor to get a firm enough bed for a good night's sleep. The second two nights were indeed comfortable, and the little one got in enough exercise, even though the indoor pool was a bit chillier than we Southern Californians expect, even in winter. Overall the hotel was helpful and worked with us. I feel the management might give more attention to overall maintenance. The hotel is modern and clean, but certain things were repaired in a haphazard way, such as the slide lock on the door of the first room and the fact that the sconce lacked a lampshade. Overall, if we had to go back in the winter, I think we'd stay there again. Their AAA rate was about half of the rate of the Holiday Inn Express in Grass Valley.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have less noise from the 65 Freeway and Ferrari Ranch Rd. Rooms in the front seem...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This Holiday Inn gets a mixed review from me. First the good - the daytime reception agent was very good. She anticipated needs, and overall was "on the ball". The rooms are modern and nice. This is a Holiday Inn Express and Suites - I'm not sure if all of the rooms are suites but I booked a standard room and got a suite - it was all one big room (except for the bathroom of course) but had a separate sitting area with a sleeper sofa. A large flat screen TV is centrally located to be viewed from either the bed or the sofa. There is a small desk, a window that opens enough to get some fresh air. The room comes with a wet bar, frig, and microwave oven. The room was very nice. Housekeeping did a great job keeping it clean during the 3 nights I stayed.

The Inn is within walking distance of a couple restaurants - Mimi's Cafe, and a Sushi restaurant. Additionally there are a couple of fast food restaurants within a short walk.

Now the bad - the night desk clerk is very unhelpful - when checking in my group of four asked if he could extend our reservation for one more night at the same rate - this was beyond his capabilities. He said we would have to contact the manager in the morning - really??? Well we had to leave early in the morning and he was still on duty - so we ended up having the travel agent call back to change our reservation. On check the same night agent gave two of us the same room - which we didn't discover until we got to our room! Of course that meant another trip downstairs to get it fixed - after a very long work day this isn't what you want to put up with.

The Inn apparently doesn't offer any perks to Platinum Priority Club members - not even a complimentary bottle of water. Breakfast is standard HI express - but they didn't do too good of a job keeping up with demand, Twice I had to wait on eggs and sausage to be refilled.

Overall it is tolerable and the good outweighs the bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear IIP2,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. I was delighted to read your review and your very kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel and the facilities on offer. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corona, California, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lisa who worked at the front desk always had a friendly smile and real nice to talk to. The breakfasts are very nice and more than just a simple one. It features eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and various foods. The rooms are clean and quiet. Best stay ever and next to a shopping center and right off the 65 freeway. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed at 135 and it was a quiet area and close for taking our dog out for a walk.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Columbus
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this property Feb. 6-10 for a family funeral. The room I booked had a king sized bed with a business desk. The room had a 32" flat TV, microwave, and small fridge and plenty of floor space. The bathroom was spacious. The hallways were chilly due to housekeeping staff opening windows at the ends of the hallways during the day. A free continental breakfast was provided. Ususal cereal, pastries, coffee, yogurt. There was a pancake machine, though I never used it. There were hot items that had a daily rotation: omlettes, bacon, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, suasage gravy & biscuits. The food was adequate, by no means gourmet, but it could last you to lunch. This would be a great hotel for people using as a base to got to wineries during the day, visiting state parks, national forrests, etc. Furthermore there were numerous Airforce personnel(enlisted & officers) due to several bases nearby. This would be a great place for them versus barracks. There are malls, restaurants, gas stations and pharmacies nearby so if you need anything it is a short 2-10 minutes dive depending what you need. The hotel is at the bottom of the freeway off ramp and is easy to see from the freeway. I would stay here again while visiting relatives or as a stop over while going to Reno/Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: If you want a nice sized room with a king sized bed, room #301 has it.It is at the end of the hall a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln? Share your experiences!