“Smoke gets in your eyes”

Thunder Valley Casino
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Lincoln
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thunder Valley Casino Resort is among the elite ranks of AAA Four Diamond award-winning resort destinations in Northern California. With over 2500 Vegas style slot machines, 110 table games, a fabulous Poker Room with room for 240 players, 14 unique restaurants & bars, headline entertainment, and 300 stunning hotel rooms starting at just $99, this is the luxury resort experience you've always wanted. Live out loud - at Thunder Valley! Thunder Rewards - Your Thunder Rewards card is your key to fantastic rewards. Stay at our hotel, earn comps. Get a massage, earn comps. Win big, earn comps. Fill the plate - you guessed - earn comps. From the destination that surrounds you in excitement and luxury, we bring you the card that goes full circle.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you like cigarette smoke, this is the place. Thunder Vally casino is one of the more popular casinos in Northern California. However they have not gotten the message that they need to move the smokers into the smaller area, and clean out the main casino of all the smoke. We and many others have stopped going here because of it.

However that being said, the do have a decent buffet and a Special on Fridays. Since we always share an entree, again we stopped going to buffets as they are not cost effective for us.

3  Thank Douglas T
There are newer reviews for Thunder Valley Casino

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thunder Valley is better than the other area casino. In a 2 year period my husband and I went equally to both casinos. I NEVER once had a jackpot (a win that has to be paid off) at RH never. At TV in that time I had at least 5. Nothing huge but hey it makes it a little more fun to lose your money. It is smoky but I think the other one is worse. I would think they could get some better systems in there to clean the air. Im a smoker and I think its bad. But like I said TV isn't the worst. I've never been to an outside concert but I have been to an inside one. It was a great show, but the set up was not great. I'd probably go again if it was someone I really wanted to see but I'd really think about it. Its expensive and all the chairs are on the same level so it gets hard to see. Im not a buffet fan, not just TV buffet but any buffet. The high steaks steak house is fantastic. I have only once had something I didn't like. It was a lobster chowder and I couldn't find any lobster in it. It was potato soup is what it was. But that was the exception. Everything else is really good. If you order a lobster tail you get a nice big lobster tail. Not a big shrimp that I often get at restaurants. Its expensive but in my opinion worth it. I use my comp since it is usually about $100 a person if you order several courses. Its a good use of comps. Also the spa is really nice and reasonably priced. I've had some really good massages there. Hotel is beautiful and I'd stay there anytime.

5  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Every time I come and play slot machines and blackjack.. Really cant win like that for 8 years.. I won very rarely.. If u won like $200 or 500 or 1500 or 5000? Then next time u will never win again drain your money down.. Bec they will know who u r from watching u on video cam and ur member card, too.. They want your money for the bills , Indian ppl , owners , govr , IRS and employes.. I have lost 3 cellphones and one keys remote. Never been found. Security office said sorry no found.. How about thousands of video cameras? I have many friends at TVC and I always ask them did u win? They almost never said YES.. Oh my god, TVC is one of the tightest ever i have ever seen before,, also I have many friends who work dealers that they told me please don't play here. Bec they aren't good.. Stay away from slot machines or blackjack.. Go to Reno. Or go to buffets or concert or play poker rooms.

5  Thank Michael M
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This casino has live rock bands,, live bar rap group, piped in music and is harmful to your ears.

The decor is attractive and the offering is games is good. Poker room is large,well decorated and well managed.

The smoke levels are horrible. The ventilaton is inadequste.

3  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just saw Kathy Griffin at the Amphitheater at Thunder Valley and had a great time. I had my expectations set low because of some of the comments about the venue. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I love being in a nice glamorous casino showroom but for a comedy show or music event I really enjoyed the outside venue. We dressed appropriately for a possible late night chill and had a great time under the stars.

Kathy Griffin kept making jokes about the trains going by and even turned around, lifted her shirt, and "flashed" the train going by. The crowd went wild. We had tickets in the front VIP section and had a great view of the stage. Although I might suggest a couple rows back as giving you a better view of the large screens on the sides of the stage too. There was plenty of room for hanging out before the show and get something to eat and/or drink with drink stations all around the venue.

It was easy getting in the event and to our seats, and it was a quick exit as well. There's plenty of parking right across the street in the overflow parking lot. (which is free!)

So if you can get over the concept that its a bunch of grandstands and chairs in the middle of a casino parking lot, I think you'll enjoy the convenience of some top name acts at a nearby venue.

1  Thank Steve P