“First time having Thai food!”

Orchid Thai Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my first time having Thai food, as I am a very picky eater, I was pleasantly surprised when I LOVED IT! My boyfriend and I went for dinner on a late Tuesday. The restaurant is very large, and based off the strobe lights and disco ball karaoke night looks like a blast! My boyfriend has had Thai before and started us off with the Tom Kha soup, one order of soup is enough for 2 people. The soup was delicious, you could hardly taste the coconut milk in it, which I was grateful for since I don't like coconut. Ordering it medium on spice was just right, not to spicy but you get an enjoyable kick. When my boyfriend told our waitress I was a Thai newbie she laughed and gave awesome suggestions for the rest of our meal. An order of Thai fried rice and Pad Khee Mao (Drunken Noodle) was next, as I said earlier both plates were enough food for both of us, with plenty to bring home. I am very grateful our waitress recommended these and I cant wait to go back!

1  Thank Desiree S

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had two lunches at Orchid Thai Cuisine. The room is very pretty. The service was generally helpful and efficient. Twice my wife ordered Pad Thai, once with chicken and once with duck. As duck fans, we found the duck surprisingly yuck, but the chicken was very flavorful. I had beef and vegetables both times, and they were tasty. The prices are very reasonable, at least when compared to what we pay in the city.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was worried that the change in location would mean a change in food quality and authenticity.
It hasn't. We have been to Thailand 5 times and love eating over there. Orchid Tai is as close as we have found to the real thing. We are old customers..

On this our first visit to the new location, the food was as good as ever. Nice setting and now a full service bar with happy hour. Try the drunken noodlels with chicken. Penang Moo is excellent too.

1  Thank Joe-Lincoln-CA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We met two other couples for happy hour and enjoyed the food and drink. Prices very reasonable and the food was tasty. We tried every item on the bar list and enjoyed most of them. The waitress was friendly and helpful. Service was sporadic as the waitress was also the bartender. However, once you gained her attention she responded quickly. Overall a good experience and we will likely return

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an early dinner on Friday night. Since it was early we noticed many more families than we had before. Glad we got there early. By the time we left there were people waiting for tables. The carry out business was brisk as well. The Pad Thai and Drunken noodle were great. We chose the shrimp appetizer to start. It was a hit. We have been to the old location many, had take out and are now enjoying the new location and have always had great meals.

2  Thank Doris P