“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lantern

Red Lantern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lantern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 82 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Rancho Cordova
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had dinner here on a Saturday evening while out at Thunder Valley to see a concert. Our group had reservations, so there was no waiting, which was perfect. We had a wonderful, prompt, attentive, pleasant waitress; the ambience and décor of the restaurant are nice; and the price is reasonable.
The food, however, was awesome! The portions are good and served family-style, so it's meant to be shared. We ordered quite a bit of food, and it was all delicious! Here's what we had: Lettuce wraps (appetizer), Potstickers (appetizer), Basil Chicken (entrée), Honey-Walnut Prawns (entrée), Tempura battered Sea Bass (entrée), and Shrimp Fried Rice. We also had a few saki bombs... Everything we ordered was hot, fresh and delicious!! We were very impressed and can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013

Truckee, California
“Good authentic Chinese food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and mother in law are from Hong Kong. Finding a Chinese restraunt, in a non Chinese hub, that passes muster is difficult. This one does. My husband and I have eaten here a few times. My mother in law enjoyed it so much she ate there two days in a row. Traditional dim sum is served, but not in the traditional way. Instead of carts of food paraded around the restraunt, you order hour dim sum from a menu. The only non traditional twist on dim sum were the bao's. The bao is steamed or baked. These bao's had the flavor and consistency of biscuits topped with a sweet (maybe sprinkled sugar) crust. They were good; just not what I was expecting. The rice porridge soups are really good. I reccomend sharing. They are large and often can't be finished in one sitting if you are a portion control eater. Me, I can finish it : ). The tea isn't loose leaf, but very close. They use the triangle bags that make for a more flavorful tea. We had Jasmine tea. They have a limited selection of tea compared to a Chinese restraunt in SF. Our meal was pricey compared to places in SF, but here, you are paying for the food, the good service, and the VERY clean place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sejw
California
“A good option, if you aren't in a hurry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I ate lunch at the Red Lantern while gambling in the Thunder Valley casino. We weren't particularly in a hurry to get back out there and lose more money, so we decided to have a leisurely lunch. It’s actually a good thing that we weren’t in a hurry because the service was surprisingly slow, especially considering the restaurant wasn’t very crowded.

The food was pretty good, and the price was very reasonable. Also, the atmosphere and decor in the restaurant were excellent. So, it was a very nice lunch. My only complaint was the slow service and the difficulty we had trying to get the attention of the waitress. If you aren’t in a hurry, I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012