“My favorite sushi restaurant!”
Review of Zakuro Sushi

Zakuro Sushi
Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I absolutely love Zakuro! The service is quick and sometimes very entertaining. I have had the HWY 65, Red Bull and the King Kong but by far my favorite roll there is the one and only Zukuro roll! The sauce that accompanies the fried lobster on top of the roll is just perfect, and the little bit of cucumber inside the roll is a nice added crunch. I cant wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Zakuro Sushi

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Inexpensive and delicious. The sushi isn't necessarily authentic, but it's great. Nearly all the rolls have tempura shrimp in them, but they will replace it with unfried if you ask. They'll customize anything. Great sushi chefs, great fish. Combo meals are HUGE, cheap, and tasty. Friendly but not great service.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a coupon so we thought we'd try it. Started with Agedashi Tofu which was OK but not great. Had a hamachi sashimi app; again OK but not great. I had shrimp tempura. 2 shrimp and the rest vegetables. At first I thought only 2 shrimp ? but that was Ok because the shrimp were totally tasteless-vegetables were better but only so-so. My wife had tonkatsu (pork cutlet) also totally tasteless. The service was slow to the point of neglectful. A disappointing experience. We won't be back.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

You would never expect to find good sushi in a small rural town in northern California, but don't pass up this gem! We have had sushi in a many different cities in California, Hawaii, and elsewhere but our absolute favorite is always Zakuro. The service is attentive and always friendly (they treat regulars like family), and the sushi and Japanese dishes are outstanding! We have eaten there for dinner and it is busy every night of the week. Get there a little early or come a little later to avoid a wait for a table. But there are a lot of tables so they move through any wait fairly quickly. But if there is a wait, then wait! It is totally worth it. We end up visiting Zakuro about two or three time per month.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

If you want Americanized Japanese food, this may be the place to go. We ate around noon and the place was surprisingly busy with lots of take outs besides. We ordered off the menu and did not sit at the sushi bar that was again, busy and people were obviously enjoying themselves --repeat customers that knew the staff. The teriyaki sauce was cloying sweet, the chicken dry and my daughter's sesame chicken was also over cooked and dry. The entres come with a very small but crisp salad and a cub of rice. $9 for their luncheon specials.

I won't go back but it's obvious a lot of others do... there were only a few Asians among the customers.