“Our go-to desert place”
Review of HomeSpun Yogurt

HomeSpun Yogurt
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Lincoln
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We love this place and notice everyone else does too since it is almost always busy during the summer and sometimes even crowded. You can fill your cup with about a dozen different flavors of yogurt, ice cream or sorbet and they continually rotate in new flavors in so you don't get tired of the same old thing each time. This summer they had a pink lemonade flavor which was great plus there are a million toppings too. So what can I say, if you like yogurt, sorbet or soft ice cream then this is a great place for a snack or desert, it's our fave.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I've seen this place every single time I've gone grocery shopping at Safeway and we finally decided to give it a try. I'm a huge Cold Stone fan but the store in Lincoln is sadly a disappointment.
I now have a new favorite!! When you walk in, it's very small and simply contains a wall of different flavor ice cream machines (like you would see at a buffet eatery), another wall with dispensable toppings, a bar with additional toppings and a cash register. It's very clean and well kept and the staff was exceedingly helpful by offering samples and describing how to fill our bowls. There are 2 different carton sizes and you fill them with your own choices of ice cream and toppings. Then, when you have your selections, you take the carton to the register and they weigh it and you PAY THE WEIGHT!! What a glorious concept! Even if we fill it to the brim, it is still cheaper than other specialty ice cream/yogurt shops.
I don't know how long this shop has been open since we just moved here this past fall but I hope it stays around for a long time! A+++ This is the first 5 I've given, I believe!