“Excellent Stay”

Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Sunny California
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2010

Rooms are fresh, clean and well appointed.

Large soaking tub and separate shower. Double sinks and sitting area in bath.

Bed was extremely comfortable with duvet cover and soft sheets.

Quiet and large room with couch. Large flat screen TV.

Hotel stay includes use of Spa--steam room, dry sauna and tranquility room.

Casino has it's own Starbucks.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank roadtripper100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Olympic Penninsula
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

One bartender (in the Fallsbar) and the valet service people were very nice and friendly. The rest, at best, were only business-like. One casino employee peed all over the only handicapped toilet seat and didnt even try to clean it up. A dest man never warned me that I needed to insert my room key to make the elevator work. Since I couldnt read the explanatory card from across the elevator, I did not know why it wouldnt work, had to put all my things on the floor to use 2 hands, and road up and down and up again before figuring it out. for someone allergic to onions and garlic the Food Court is dangerous, my eyes were itching before I got near it. The Thunder Cafe is worse. I ordered potato skins with nothing but cheese and bacon and potato--no sauce, onions, sour cream, garnishes, nothing. They came with some kind of small hot green peppers on the plate. Fearing their juice, but too hungry to wait any longer, I started eating from the opposite side of the plate. The waitress came back, asked if anything was wrong, and when I said I wouldnt eat the skins next to the peppers because I was allergic to them, she just grabbed the plate and refused to let me eat anything. She called the manager who came over and acted like it was my fault. The cook came out and said I should have told them I was allergic. I said, if I said I dont want to eat it, that should be enough to keep it off the plate. They blamed me again so I left.
The casino has limited slot machine types. I counted only 3 machines that were not video poker and not the kind that promote free spins rather than credit winnings.
The room had non-opening windows with a vent that blew icy cold air all night. Very unpleasant.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank kittravel
San Francisco Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

It was funny how we started our stay with my wife saying she will never want to stay at this hotel again to everyone saying we can't wait to come back.

After visiting my in laws in Sacramento, we like to stay somewhere overnight in the area for a little R & R before heading back to the San Francisco Bay Area (last two times we stayed at Cache Creek Hotel Casino Resort). And we were looking forward to trying the spanking new Thunder Valley Hotel Casino Resort.

But when we arrived at 4:30, to our dismay, the room was not ready. Before we had gotten our room as early as 11 O'clock at some hotels. We were told it would be another hour or so. My wife became unglued and paced back and forth mumbling and grumbling. I told her to go to play slot machines and that calmed her down a little bit. After a little more haggling and complaining, we got another 20% off our room rate ($89 to $71) and a late check out without any extra charge.

As soon as we saw our room, our sour mood began to change. The room was beautifully appointed, a spacious 535 sq ft with high ceilings, brand new furnitures, huge bathroom, big tub and shower, large flat screen HD TV, a quiet air conditioning unit, a super comfortable bed and bright lights everywhere. The "Do Not Disturb" sign can be turned on by push of a button on the phone. And everything else was working perfectly.

There are plenty of dining options, from fine dining to buffet to food court. For dinner we ordered to go from Villa Pizza at the food court to enjoy them in our room. It was very good . We paid fast food price and got restaurant food. By this time, the fact that we waited for more than an hour for our room was already distant memory. For lunch the next day, we tried Koi Palace, a high end chinese restaurant that was first established in the SF Bay Area. They have an extensive and impressive menu. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We had 6 potstickers for $7, wonton noodle soup for $9.99 and the lunch special mongolia beef for $8.88.

And we could not ask for a more pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, from the valet, to front desk, casino workers, restaurants servers, all the way down the line. When we called for more towels and paper tissues, they were at the door literally in couple of minutes.

The self park garage is only a short walk to the casino and hotel lobby, so there will no hauling of luggages through long casino floor. If you park your car on higher floor, you will be right next to the elevators. There are huge numbers of slot machines, with many many new ones. And they were not too tight. We didn't use the swimming pool, and it is a pretty good size one. But my wife did use the gym and she said it is a beautiful gym.

So other than we got our room late, we were impressed with all the other aspects of the hotel and casino. The fabulous staff and the gorgeous room have won us over and we will definitely be back. The next visit will be a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank chuckking
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

This is a new hotel. It is attached to a casino. The room was excellent, large, comfortable bed, beautiful bathroom and big screen tv. The staff was very attentive and friendly. I did not go to the casino, but the room was quite and I did not smell any smoke. They had a great steakhouse downstairs. I ate at the bar and had a great meal. I usually don't rate hotels but this was excellent for the price and I enjoyed my stay. It is the best hotel in the Sacramento area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank af3458
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

The rooms at the new Thunder Valley Resort and Casino are beutiful, modern, yet elegent and extremely comfortable. Bedding is very comfortable. Large bathroom with soaking tub and seperate shower. In room coffee, and refrigerator. Flat screen HDTV with MP3 radio and charger for MP3 devices. Free Wi-Fi. Very impressed with this new hotel and would highly recommend it to adults looking for a nice weekend away. There is also the out-door entertainment venue where we saw Tony Bennett on a beautiful warm evening. Inside the casino there is enough gaming, entertainment and dinning for everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

Overall, this is was a four star stay at Thunder Valley Casino's new hotel, but it wasn't without a few hiccups.

When I made my reservation I asked for a "pool view" and the reservation agent gladly made the note. However, none of the rooms have a pool view. The pool is on the ground floor closer to the casino than to the hotel. My "pool view" turned out to be a nice view of the hotel's air conditioning duct work.

The Housekeeping Staff for this room, 1105, didn't sweat the details before my visit. I found a pair of ice tongs on the floor, just under the bed skirt. Then, later, when I was picking up a newspaper off the floor, I found some small candy balls.

I ordered a movie, Get him to the Greek, and while watching the movie, every so often satellite info tags would appear, distracting from the movie. The hotel does have a nice tv channels available, some hidef. The room had a nice size Panasonic tv that had a variety of inputs if you brought along a portable dvd or could hook your computer to the tv.

The speed of the wired internet was good for a hotel. It is much faster than what the local Marriott's offer. The wireless internet was nearly useless because my Mac did not pick up a strong signal at the work desk. It did pick up a strong signal in the bathroom, but I didn't want to work on my PC in there.

Speaking of which, the tub was very good, the shower, a bit less so because the water temp is capped at 120 degrees, which, to me, is not quite as warm as I like it.

There was no tv in the bathroom like they have at the Venetian/Wynn in Las Vegas.

I didn't have the best night's rest. The mattress was ok, but the pillows were all feather/down, it seemed like. When I return I will have to remember to bring along my contoured pillow.

The workout room is on the 2nd floor, which is kind of like a desert island with minimal signage. You leave the elevators, turn right, go down a corridor, zig right, and the window wall of the fitness room is in front of you. The nearly unmarked door on the left is the entrance, which you need your room key to enter. There are two water fountains and each machine has a towel, with extras easily available. Each of the ellipticals and treadmills have personal tvs, though, the picture quality didn't seem to be DirecTV quality but more like rabbit ears. Also, the ellipticals and treadmills have an ipod cable, so if you have any videos on your ipod, you can watch them on the tv in front of you.Also, insdie the fitness center were two large screen tvs. I could not find the remotes to turn them on. The fitness center is open 24 hours and there is a hotel phone near the entrance.

The hotel charges a resort fee of $15

The elevators require a card key and security was visible and polite.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

My partner and I recently stayed at Thunder Valley. We found it by chance, seeing a billboard on the way up to the Sacramento area. The rate was $99.00 for the night and then we also received a 10% discount for AAA. This is a new hotel which opened in July, 2010.
Rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, beautiful bathroom with walk in shower, double sinks, and large soaking tub. King rooms have a couch, coffee table, refrigerator, coffee maker, and large flat screen TV. Everything was very clean and new.
The pool area is exceptional with comfortable lounge chairs, bar and restaurant service. There are also cabanas to rent if you are so inclined.
There are a number of restaurants in the casino area ranging from food court options, to a cafe, a buffet, up to a high end steak house.
We enjoyed ourselves so much that we stayed on for a second night, and will stay there again when we are in the area, and we are not even gamblers!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Moonstone07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin

Been to Thunder Valley Casino Resort? Share your experiences!