WINNER WONDERLAND

“Smoke got in our eyes!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thunder Valley Casino Resort

Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Smoke got in our eyes!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Parking was free to this attraction and inside provided the usual array of casino games. Gone are the days of free drinks at casinos, but smoking is alive and gasping at this establishment. I am not sure how the stakes compare, but we walked away without winning back the $20 we agreed to spend. It was fun in a way, but definitely needed a clean-up afterward to remove the smoke smell.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank CCB2017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Cant win any money there service great clean,hotel no pay out in casino but nice place to relax and enjoy food gamble little pool great shows great play slot won few times but nothing over 10$ nice resturants great rooms quite and very clean place

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank portugessboy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

When you think of Lincoln, California, odds are a high value resort hotel doesn't come to mind. But the Thunder Valley Casino Resort will definitely change your mind. The rooms are very clean and spacious with amenities such as coffee and tea included. The rooms are both modern and chic and makes you forget your not in a big town. While at the hotel, we used the pool area that is also very clean, spacious and modern. With a sizeable pool, hot tub and cabanas outfitted with plasma televisions, it is sure to please any taste. The hotel staff are courteous and professional and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and special. We've used the spa in the past, and it's five star quality. There are a number of places to eat, and the food is excellent!!! I would have given it a perfect rating, but the casino primarily allows smoking. The smoke permeates through the facility, and this cost it a valuable mark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Meger07
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

The pool, the casino, the restaurants, the spa. All great things to do. The pool's DJ is super fun. The spa is tough to get into. Make an appointment upon arrival. The spa products are GREAT! The rooms are very accommodating and quiet. You will not be disappointed with your room. And if you are lucky, your slots will pay for your room like my luck did! Three nights "free"! :)

Room Tip: Higher floors will be away from the casino and pool noise...We overlooked desert area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank poblanofamily
Paradise, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

The rooms are very clean and up scale . The bathrooms are spacious with entra large cotton towels . The resturants serve great meals with reasonable prices. Love the security, the only way to use the elevators is if you have a room key. The selection of slot machines is outstanding. They also have a food court with a Star bucks. The whole resort is very beautiful and we go there about every 6 weeks. It's close to shopping which I love! We highly recommend staying! They also have an outdoor theater With popular singers and groups! They have a beautiful Bar and while you are gaming they have waitresses that will serve you free non alcoholic drinks and alcohol drinks for a fee! There is a very nice outdoor swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marilyn H
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were blown away by the beauty and service at this hotel. From the moment of check-in to check out we were treated like royalty! We enjoyed the lovely pool, cafe, Coconut Bar and fantastic room-service breakfast! Who knew this gem would be located 10 miles from my home? I have traveled all over the world and can honesty say that this is one of the finest hotels in terms of elegance and service I have experienced. My grand boys were in heaven on the 16th floor with an amazing view of the Sacramento Valley! We loved how everyone treated them and us during our short stay. Every staff member we encountered was happy to help in any way possible. We will return soon! You would never know that this lavish resort is located atop of a casino! I love the fact that the entire hotel is smoke free!

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor possible. We could actually see Sacramento's skyline in the distance f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Vickie N
North Hollywood, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a great stay, my first time staying after hitting the casino last year on a road trip.
I was invited to enjoy a free night, free play and free food, who could resist.
I live about 200 dollars’ worth of gas away unfortunately or I would go back often.
Beautiful resort. I’ll start with the room. Big, open, comfortable. Lots of great pillows, big mushy wonderful pillows. Desk, chair, big closet with soft and LARGE robes to use for your visit and a safe.
Ironing board w/ iron. Bed was good, but the one I had had been slept in on the one side more so there was a slight slant, still I slept like a tired cat. (babies don’t really sleep that great).
Bathroom, very large, place to put on your face with a 3x lighted mirror, god light in bathroom. HUGE tub, take a bath bomb with you. Rain head in the shower. Seperate doored room with toilet. (I know you guys like that from watching HGTV)
They give you the usual non brand shampoo, lotion, conditioner and shower gel, nothing special. THE TOWELS ARE AWAZING. So fluffy and big and soft.
Got a morning newspaper. Cameras everywhere so I felt safe. Note: big peephole, I stuff a piece of paper in it so no one can see in.
TV and radio came with remotes. Bar area has a small coffee (Keurig) machine, coffee and tea and a fridge for your leftovers.

ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN.

Guest have complimentary spa access to the rain shower and quiet room, as well as the makeup area with curling irons (in case you forgot yours) NOTE: make sure to take your ID with you when hitting the spa and pool. Pool has cabanas, big canopied beds, a bubbling Jacuzzi and it’s great for laps. It’s also only about 5 feet at its deepest. Great dipping pool.
Comfy chairs all around and giant blue and white towels available. You can order food and drinks at the pool. Try the beef or turkey sandwich! I loved the piped in music, just wish I could have gotten a play list or bought the CD of what I was listening to. Hint hint!!!

Casino was big and not too crowded. Tones of penny and nickel machines. I had a bit of luck so I was pleased. Only saw one OZ, but they had a few of the newer slots like Clue,Fairies and Pink Ladies.
Didn’t hear anyone win anything substantial the 2 days I was there, but I know someone hit for 800 bucks and I won several 50- 90 payouts.

Thanks for the freebies Thunder Valley, you made my weekend most enjoyable, just wish I lived closer.

Room Tip: I had room 1111, faced the cow pasture, no direct sun. close to elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank idrawart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville

Been to Thunder Valley Casino Resort? Share your experiences!