“Friendly Faces” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Santa Rosa CA
“Friendly Faces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Absolutely everyone I interacted with, maids, casino personnel, spa staff, were some of the friendliest staff I've encountered. The rooms were WOW! My first trip was totally comped, but I would go back in a minute. Appreciate that they gave me the opportunity to test it out. If you go get a spa treatment. Wonderful!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Yes, the casino is smokey, however, they do have a smoke-free section which was just fine. The room itself was fabulous. Bathroom spectacular. Great value for the price. Enjoyed the pool - it's a little walk but there are changing facilities available - I was surprised that it closes so early. The buffet was very good we had dinner and brunch. Check out was seamless. Not much negative to say.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ruth044
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

For an indian casino out in the middle of the Sacramento valley region all I can say is "Nice". The hotel lobby is so pretty, the spa is great and the pool is just wonderful. They have done a great job and the rooms are clean, well appointed and nice. We love our times there and feel very lucky to know that we can travel only 30 minutes from home and have a wonderful place to stay. We call Thunder Valley Resort Hotel and Casino a staycation!!

Room Tip: They are all great...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debtroha
Gridley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at the Thunder Valley Casino Resort for a business meeting held on site. The staff was extremely accommodating and the service outstanding. My room was gorgeous--quite large and filled with unexpected amenities. I am a non-smoker, but I did not find the casino as smoky as some other reviewers. I appreciated the smoke-free casino area. We ate in the steak house one night, and the Koi Palace the next. The steak house was superb. From the menu and the wine list to the service, we could not have asked for more. My filet was the best I've had. The Koi Palace, though not on the same 5-star level as the steak house, had very enjoyable food. I have always skipped the local casinos in favor of Reno and LV, but no longer. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank brownmar
San Jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Since the hotel has opened, I've probably stayed here four times, with a mix of 50/50 between great to less than four stars.

I stayed one night and was guaranteed a room at 4pm.

I arrived a little early, about 3:30. When I entered the lobby I immediately sensed that something was up - all the couches and chairs in the lobby were filled with sweaty guests and their luggage. The first Front Desk staffer said she would call me at 4pm when my room was ready. I'm guessing that all the people in the lobby were waiting for their rooms, too.

When this happens in Vegas, at places such as the Wynn or Palazzo, someone from the Front Desk calls a waitress over to offer free drinks or water. For some reason, this AAA four star resort didn't think this was necessary.

4pm came and gone, so I went to the Front Desk and encountered second Front Desk staffer. I was told that I would be called when my room was ready. Plus, she insisted that I produce the email I was sent for the lightly discounted rate. Because I didn't want to drive back to San Jose, I went over to the Rewards Center line and asked them to print out the coupon for me.

The "requirement" of a coupon/email is new. When I've stayed here before, it was never required because I used the promo code online or on the phone, and that was it. Emails and coupons have never been required at any Las Vegas casino that I know of.

So, later, I did receive a VM that a room was ready. They upgraded me to a 1 bedroom suite. Nice suite. Lot's of TVs, though the one in the bathroom was broken.

Bose sound system was nice. Hardwired internet connection was in an awkward place, no desk or work chair.

Room Service waitperson, Jennifer, was very polite and friendly. She was the only Thundervalley person who introduced herself to me. The Front Desk staffers don't have a name, just a number, I suppose.

They have instituted a 15.95 Resort Fee, which they hide in the reservation and email screens.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank bigbasin
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Rooms are beautiful!! Need your room key to get up to room in elevator, the room was very warm and inviting. Our room had a small couch, chair, nice size desk, with WiFi, king size bed, Three telephones, on desk, near bed and in the bathroom. Bathroom was beautiful, they thought of everything, nice vanity with magnify mirror, hair dryer, Along with kleenex included cotton balls and q-tips. Our room even had a scale, huge tub with separate shower, tub would be hard for an elderly person to get in and out of. Room had a doorbell,and in the morning a newspaper was left outside our door. Bathrobes in closet, coffee maker with coffee, decafe and tea for your use. Large safe, would hold your laptop, wet bar think you need a key to open, never tried to see what was inside. Would highly recommend to all.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor 1232 which gave a view of swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deniseherrera
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed one night after a concert. The room was large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was very similar to the ones in the Ritz Carlton San Francisco, large and luxurious with lots of marble. The bed was comfortable and the linens were good quality. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lincoln
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
SpringHill Suites Sacramento Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin

Been to Thunder Valley Casino Resort? Share your experiences!