“Management sucks”

Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lemoore
“Management sucks”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We had a party we weren't loud but they had rooms with a bunch of young kids ... And they would stand outside our door with security to make sure we weren't loud but they had a lot of people from the reservation next door and wouldn't tell them anything 300.00 on a room to be harrased all night but yet these 18yr olds can have a good time and they not even of age to drink .. Oh yeah and ur better off bringing ur own liqour they charge to much for their liqour .. Dnt bother

• Stayed December 2010
5 Thank Sonyarodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Coalinga
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Tachi Palace hotel and casino is a great place to go and enjoy gaming of all sorts, food 24 hours a day and a comfortable room to stay in. This establishment offers a rewards club membership at no cost to you, adding up your casino credits for free rooms, e-cash and dinning offers. I get free room offers 4x a month and rarely pay for any food when I go there. Be sure to make reservtions for your stay a few days ahead of time to assure your room.
This establishment also has a bar/lounge area where you can gamble and drink, keeping in mind that you MUST provide a valid ID card (75 and younger) which I find very insulting, being a 47yo woman, I assure you that I look over 21 but they still insist on ID checks. There are no alchoholic beverages allowed in the rest of the casino area so if you want to enjoy a drink while you gamble, (cross your fingers on getting a keno or poker machine in this extremely overcrowded spot because your chances are slim to none) you are forced to stay in this small shoebox area, or drink your drink in a few gulps amongst a wall to wall crowd of people (this has something to do with minors and licensing) I feel that this place would benefit greatly from expanding this area for their patrons,
On the weekends, the bar/lounge area offers live music on their outside patio (no gambling in this area?) yet this only adds more people to this already jammed, overfilled, small spot. This casino also offers a variety of concerts and entertainment weekly, so be sure to check with their events calander.
All told, I could do without the limit on where I can drink my wine after I've purchased it, but the rooms, entertainment, rewards club offers and friendly service make up for this annoyance. Also, If you want a great place to take that special someone, for a few dollars more, this establishment offers luxuriuos lofts with showers the size of a walk-in closet, hot tub and a spectacular views.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phillykate11
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here because it was the location of his high school reunion. I admit that I was nervous because I don't like smoke-filled casinos and this one was in the middle of nowhere. However, it turned out to be absolutely excellent.

Every single employee was SO nice. They were all incredibly friendly. We had a room facing the pool on the second floor. When standing next to the window, we could hear the music from the pool, but it otherwise wasn't bothersome. The room was large and very pretty and well furnished. Everything was incredibly clean (very important to me). The casino is attached to the hotel from another spot, so there was no carry-over smoke. In fact, I think most of the hotel must be non-smoking because no one was smoking in the banquet room, either--they all went out to the lobby bar.

Since we weren't there to gamble (and didn't even enter the casino) I can't say anything about that, or the restaurants since our only meal there was the one for our banquet (which was delicious). But, the two drawbacks that we saw were: the walk from the parking lot to the hotel is long, which is terrible in the intense heat and the air conditioner is on a motion sensor (which we learned after calling maintenance to fix it). So, if you're not in the room or sleeping, it shuts itself off. Considering the heat outside, it would have been nice to be able to cool down the room when we were at the event and then come back to a far cooler room. Also, it heats up during the night since you can't turn the air way down--which I like to do since I enjoy sleeping in a cold room.

It was very peaceful, though, and I enjoyed reading in the room and relaxing while my husband spent the majority of his time at the reunion events.

Oh, we didn't go swimming, but the pool looked absolutely fantastic.

I would definitely go again--however, we only paid $109 for our room with the group discount and the paper on the door said it was normally 700---I have to imagine that was a typo, though, because I can't fathom spending that much on the room we were in. I'd say the room was worth about $150-$175, but definitely not more than that.

I wouldn't mind returning (even though it's in the middle of nowhere) just for the pleasant and relaxing experience in the room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loves_Travel_CA
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We have been to numerous casinos in California and Tachi is a good place to visit. There were many gaming activities and the hotel room was spacious, clean, and modern. I could write an essay on the buffet but I'll keep my comments short. I have been to hundreds of buffets all over the US and I must say Tachi's comes in dead last. First, I think the buffet was an afterthought as they crammed it into a small area that was probably originally designed for slots. The tables are cramped into a very small area so there is no privacy. You will get all the details on your fellow tablemates gaming, love life etc. That is the good news. The buffet food is, how to say this kindly,....the worst I have ever seen at any place at any time. Some "entrees' are not recognizable, the serving line reminds me of high school with containers spread out in single file, there was no carving station on my day, the salad bar(?) can easily be topped by McDonalds, and to to top it off, there is some sort of forced air that blasts you in the head after you depart the area where the desert(some ice cream, day old cookies) is kept. Totally disastrous experience. I don't expect much for $24 for dinner for 2 but I was ashamed I brought my wife there. The Casino is great, rooms great, but please, oh please, avoid the Quail Plume Buffet...brown bag it!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank honestcitizen2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Although in the middle of the farm valley of California, Tachi was a nice oasis from the hot, farmlands that surround the area. Very modern facilities, room are huge, nice decorated and the bathroom was great-plenty of space, spa soaps were fab. The casino was large and I had a good time on slots. Really enjoyed the indoor/outdoor bar area and the Cayote grill was open 24 hours for your dining pleasure. Also had a coffee shop and another bar and dance club...I am not a buffet fan, there is one on premise. I was here for a concert so will probably will not be back in the area...recommend if your journey s take you near Fresno, Vaslia or Bakersfield

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qprrocks
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My husband and I went to Tachi Palace and it was so much fun. We frequent casinos in nor cal and this by far is my favorite. Its was better than cache creek and jackson rancheria. Tachi's got everything you need, tons of slots, tables and alcohol. Theres also a indoor/outdoor bar which was so pretty, and it didnt seem like the drinks were over priced. There was a night club that looked fun to go to, but it was packed cuz I guess thats the only night club in the area. The food at Coyote Grill was really good-we went a few times, except when we went back around 230 am the food was cold. The hotel was amazing- we got the loft room which was bad-[--]- and way cheaper than cache creek. I totally recommend this place. By the way bring a swim suit- the pool is way nice. Everything about the place was current and clean. you should go!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank talidega5
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Located adjacent to the Tachi Palace Casino, this is an ultra-modern hotel, amazing architecture, spacious, clean, really comfortable rooms, excellent toiletries provided,. Simply a stand-out property. I cannot understand some of the poor reviews, and question their origin. We stayed here on January 22, 2010, as I was the Keynote Speaker for the Lemoore Chamber of Commerce Installation Dinner. It was our first stay here, but when business takes me back to Lemoore, I will indeed stay again. Everyone we met was genuinely friendly and helpful. Restaurants at the Casino are very reasonably priced and the food quality is excellent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Lagombeaver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemoore
Motel 6 Lemoore
Sequoia Inn
#1 of 7 in Hanford
Best Western Hanford Inn
Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites

Been to Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!