“Great hotel in the middle of nowhere”

Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lemoore
Los Angeles, CA
“Great hotel in the middle of nowhere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed here because it was the location of his high school reunion. I admit that I was nervous because I don't like smoke-filled casinos and this one was in the middle of nowhere. However, it turned out to be absolutely excellent.

Every single employee was SO nice. They were all incredibly friendly. We had a room facing the pool on the second floor. When standing next to the window, we could hear the music from the pool, but it otherwise wasn't bothersome. The room was large and very pretty and well furnished. Everything was incredibly clean (very important to me). The casino is attached to the hotel from another spot, so there was no carry-over smoke. In fact, I think most of the hotel must be non-smoking because no one was smoking in the banquet room, either--they all went out to the lobby bar.

Since we weren't there to gamble (and didn't even enter the casino) I can't say anything about that, or the restaurants since our only meal there was the one for our banquet (which was delicious). But, the two drawbacks that we saw were: the walk from the parking lot to the hotel is long, which is terrible in the intense heat and the air conditioner is on a motion sensor (which we learned after calling maintenance to fix it). So, if you're not in the room or sleeping, it shuts itself off. Considering the heat outside, it would have been nice to be able to cool down the room when we were at the event and then come back to a far cooler room. Also, it heats up during the night since you can't turn the air way down--which I like to do since I enjoy sleeping in a cold room.

It was very peaceful, though, and I enjoyed reading in the room and relaxing while my husband spent the majority of his time at the reunion events.

Oh, we didn't go swimming, but the pool looked absolutely fantastic.

I would definitely go again--however, we only paid $109 for our room with the group discount and the paper on the door said it was normally 700---I have to imagine that was a typo, though, because I can't fathom spending that much on the room we were in. I'd say the room was worth about $150-$175, but definitely not more than that.

I wouldn't mind returning (even though it's in the middle of nowhere) just for the pleasant and relaxing experience in the room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loves_Travel_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

We have been to numerous casinos in California and Tachi is a good place to visit. There were many gaming activities and the hotel room was spacious, clean, and modern. I could write an essay on the buffet but I'll keep my comments short. I have been to hundreds of buffets all over the US and I must say Tachi's comes in dead last. First, I think the buffet was an afterthought as they crammed it into a small area that was probably originally designed for slots. The tables are cramped into a very small area so there is no privacy. You will get all the details on your fellow tablemates gaming, love life etc. That is the good news. The buffet food is, how to say this kindly,....the worst I have ever seen at any place at any time. Some "entrees' are not recognizable, the serving line reminds me of high school with containers spread out in single file, there was no carving station on my day, the salad bar(?) can easily be topped by McDonalds, and to to top it off, there is some sort of forced air that blasts you in the head after you depart the area where the desert(some ice cream, day old cookies) is kept. Totally disastrous experience. I don't expect much for $24 for dinner for 2 but I was ashamed I brought my wife there. The Casino is great, rooms great, but please, oh please, avoid the Quail Plume Buffet...brown bag it!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank honestcitizen2010
midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

Although in the middle of the farm valley of California, Tachi was a nice oasis from the hot, farmlands that surround the area. Very modern facilities, room are huge, nice decorated and the bathroom was great-plenty of space, spa soaps were fab. The casino was large and I had a good time on slots. Really enjoyed the indoor/outdoor bar area and the Cayote grill was open 24 hours for your dining pleasure. Also had a coffee shop and another bar and dance club...I am not a buffet fan, there is one on premise. I was here for a concert so will probably will not be back in the area...recommend if your journey s take you near Fresno, Vaslia or Bakersfield

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qprrocks
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2010

My husband and I went to Tachi Palace and it was so much fun. We frequent casinos in nor cal and this by far is my favorite. Its was better than cache creek and jackson rancheria. Tachi's got everything you need, tons of slots, tables and alcohol. Theres also a indoor/outdoor bar which was so pretty, and it didnt seem like the drinks were over priced. There was a night club that looked fun to go to, but it was packed cuz I guess thats the only night club in the area. The food at Coyote Grill was really good-we went a few times, except when we went back around 230 am the food was cold. The hotel was amazing- we got the loft room which was bad-[--]- and way cheaper than cache creek. I totally recommend this place. By the way bring a swim suit- the pool is way nice. Everything about the place was current and clean. you should go!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank talidega5
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Located adjacent to the Tachi Palace Casino, this is an ultra-modern hotel, amazing architecture, spacious, clean, really comfortable rooms, excellent toiletries provided,. Simply a stand-out property. I cannot understand some of the poor reviews, and question their origin. We stayed here on January 22, 2010, as I was the Keynote Speaker for the Lemoore Chamber of Commerce Installation Dinner. It was our first stay here, but when business takes me back to Lemoore, I will indeed stay again. Everyone we met was genuinely friendly and helpful. Restaurants at the Casino are very reasonably priced and the food quality is excellent.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Lagombeaver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

Tachi has a glitzy well appointed front, inviting you into their area. But behind the facade, it is a run down, dingy Motel 6 and a poorly managed one at that. Rush hour check in, consisted of one (under instruction) employee. We waited over 1hr 20 mins (4 people in front of us and at least 8-10 behind), to check in because the front desk was training one employee. Management walked by several times, but never called another employee to check in pers. The rooms are fairly new but the wires were hanging out of wall from where they had installed equipment and then ripped it out without repairs. The bathrooms - NASTY, NASTY - no other word. Pubic hairs in tub, used female hyigene product behind toliet. The door to the closet, came off in our hand. We called for room service, ordered, then 45 mins later some one called from the restaurant stating "I don't know what menu you have, but we don't have those items available". (With two hungry kids, this was unacceptable, so we drove into town for food.) The casino and hotel are suppose to be separated - due to SMOKING smell - however, they have to use so much Fabrize to keep the smoke smell out, the Fabrize smell is toxic. Huge disappointment. We had our office Holiday party here, later in December, but decided to stay at another hotel, vice the party location of Tachi.

• Stayed December 2009
4 Thank NYSAILORGAL
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

The RV parking was wonderful and free with shuttle and very nice staff. We got the shock of our life when we went to the casino buffet. Not only did most of the food look disgusting, but it was cold. We have traveled a lot and have eaten in a good many restaurants. This was the worst we have ever encountered. Even the ice cream was like ice milk. We will never go back and our friends who live in Lemoore will never recommend it as far as a place to eat. I am going to fill out a comment card, but, I am sure I will never hear from them.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Beas1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemoore
Motel 6 Lemoore
BEST WESTERN Kettleman City Inn & Suites
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!