“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lemoore
san jose, ca
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

My family and I drove to Tachi Palace casino for a day trip. We did not stay at the hotel so I can't comment on that. I didn't like much of what I saw. In general, the entire casino and parking area was not well designed. It was difficult to drive around looking for a parking space and when we left they closed off the enrance we came in through and I had to ask a staff how to exit out of the place. They need better signage. The casino is of good size, but they don't have as many penny slots. The buffet, Quail Plume, is a disaster. A line for a buffet is usually a good sign, but little did we know the buffet is really small, doesn't seat that many people and that's the only reason there's a line. We should've gotten a hint upon seeing tables practically reaching the cashier's area. They crammed tables into a small space. The buffet was like a cafeteria, a high school cafeteria. It was the worst buffet I've been to. Imagine the worst buffet in Vegas and this one tops it. It's the worst physical design for a buffet ever. The flow is terrible. There's not much variety and the place is a traffic mess. Watch out for the servers with drinks. I didn't expect gourmet food for $10.99, but just something decent. Oh, and the orange juice was warm. I've never been served warm orange juice in my life. One family member had to use the restroom right away. I have a stronger constitution so I survived it. I do not recommend the buffet. The casino itself was quite smoky. They do have a non-smoking section upstairs, but I didn't like the selection of slots up there. I doubt we'll make a return trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank keeptryin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Visalia, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times. It is great to be able to go to the room and relax in a quiet, clean place after visiting the casino. Then one can return to the casino again. The staff has always been friendly and caring. They do everything possible to make the stay pleasant. I like this hotel, casino and the people who work hard to make my stay restfull and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank born2play
Quincy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

After more than 45 mins.to check in we were on our way to the room. Second floor with a nice pool shot, nice and clean all in all a great place but not worth 158.00. With two Weddings going on there was lots of noise but was OK. Went to the Buffett for dinner and that was a surprize. I remember hearing to seperet tables us the ward crap about the food. Mine and my wifes were much stronger words. Nice big hotel,Friendy, Clean, We had a nise stay but if you can't get any food we will not go back. This was without a dought the worst place I have ever eaten anywhere. Back to th BW and for meals its Ryan's place for us. Sorry Tachi Palace you blew it. You have zero tolerance for fake reviews. Well I have zero tolerancre for bad service in a motel. Wild T

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank quincytriker
Tulare, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2009

I was sent a coupon in the mail for a free room for the month of March, and one for April as well. I had been wanting to stay at the hotel for ages since I play there quite often. Finally my wish came true and I took a free bus ride from Visalia to Lemoore. I was not able to check in at the time I arrived because it was before 4PM, but at least I was able to leave my travel bag with the Valet - A plus there.

After check in, and I received my room key, it was up to the 6th floor, and to my surprise, a beautiful room which they considered "standard".

I think my only complaint was that the bathroom door didn't lock and left about 2 inches of open space to see through, which didn't make any difference to me then cause I was alone, but not recommended for more than one guest per room. Overall though, a great experience, and I can't wait to do it again next month.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank SilverWolf25
kern county
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2009

This was one heck of a weekend the rooms were great the bed was to die for. All though the food wasn't all that this is the resturant across from the bar. On the other hand there's an out side set up for tacos which were really good. I would tell all my friends about this place can't wait tell we go back. Were only about an 1 1/2 away but after gaming all night were in no shape to drive home. So we don't mind staying in such a beatiful place.

• Liked — pool side view
  • Disliked — tv wasn't working had to call for asst
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank emerymygirl4
Melbourne Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

Having been to many casinos around the country,and the islands, although it is not Las Vegas, we were very pleased with what we saw. The casino not only is huge with many different games available,and though we didn't stay at the hotel because we were only on a 1 day trip- we are already planning a weekend stay.We had lunch at the Cayote Grill and the portions were huge.You really can't ask for a whole lot more than friendly people and lots of activity. Yes it is in the "outer 40",but LeMoore is easily accessible off the interstate. The only addition I would suggest is to add an additional 3 card poker table in each area of the casino. It is a popular game,and the table was full the majority of the day and evening. We travelled from Tehachapi and the ride was a very easy one.If I can make a suggestion it would be to please do not listen to google or mapquest directions. The route they gave us took us through cow country and side roads. Stay on the interstates.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank tarheels55
tulare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

The food is too expensive and it doesn't taste good. Very liitle portion for $10. Oh! and I waited like 2 hrs for my food too. The waiter came back and she feels like I should tip her too. This happen in the poker room. The room is ok but empty a lot.

2 Thank hellasck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lemoore
Motel 6 Lemoore
Visalia Sequoia Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Hanford
Comfort Inn Hanford
#3 of 7 in Hanford

Been to Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!