“Best Sauce EVER!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family has been going to Lidos since about 1960. Having eaten there recently I can say that their food today is the same flavor and quality that it was then. I would challenge anyone to find a restaurant with that consistency. Since we live a distance away and only go on our visits we always order sauce in containers that we can freeze. Do your tastebuds a favor and take them to Lidos!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a group of 31 so were seated in the back room. We occupied 4 different table/areas. Our service was from 2 wait staff. They took our drink orders and had them delivered in no time at all getting every one correct. The dinner order was taken and before we knew it the food started arriving. The food came from the kitchen faster than I could imagine. From the time the first plate hit the table all 31 of us were eating our hot meals in less than 5 minutes. The orders were all correct and not one person in our party had a single complaint. When it came time to pay the price was incredibly fair. I wish I lived nearby so I could eat here weekly!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Lido is a busy place with lots of families eating moderate priced Southern Italian foodm loaded with "gravy". My chicken dish was very grizzly and I had to remove pieces from my mouth. Couldn't see the grizzle before I ate it as it was drenched in sauce. The dinners come with soup (not bad) and salad with an obviously commercial dressing (didn't even try it). Lots of pizza being served. It's a family owned place and everyone on the staff was very friendly. It does cater to locals and is always busy.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lido's is a nice, local Italian place to go if you're in the area. They're known for their pizza, but they have a variety of good pasta dishes. It can get busy on some evenings, so you may want to call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

If you like real Italian food, this is the place. It has been in the same location for decades and enjoys a loyal following of customers. I've been going there for at least 20 years. The decor is dated and the tables and chairs old, but the food is fantastic. Whether you want pasta or ribs or (my favorite) the Veal Parmigiana, you will not be disappointed. Servings are more than adequate for even the hearty eater. A full bar is available. I couldn't get me to give a 5 rating only because of the decor. I encourage you to try it.