“Pizza very excellent !”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Old fashioned place very popular with the locals. On the main street, with extra parking on adjacent properties they have acquired. Booths with tile floors, fast service, even complimentary appetizers -cheez-its! Pizza is remarkably good. Full bar, too. We drive out-of-the-way for the pizza. low prices

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I were introduced to Lido's in Lemon Grove by our friends who thought we needed a high-test infusion of Italian food. Lido's is an old-style Italian joint that serves up good tasting Italian-American dishes most of us grew up eating. The minestrone soup was tasty and chock full of veggies. For our main courses, I opted for the gnocchi and the house-made sausages and my wife had the spinach lasagna. Both dishes were huge, and could very easily have been shared. The gnocchi were the standard pillows of pasta in a tasty marinara sauce. The sausages were very good, had lots of flavor, but for my taste I would have preferred a bit more fennel seed. The lasagna was layered with spinach, pasta and cheese and covered with marinara. If you have a hankering for solid, old-fashioned Italian dishes Lido's is the place to go in Lemon Grove. Service is quick and friendly.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place was packed on a Thursday night with a line waiting outside. I don't know what this place is like on the weekends!!!. The owner runs a tight ship keeping the help constantly on the move. The takeout business is tremendous. We had a pizza and it was like no other we have had back in our home state....everything is so fresh. We highly recommend this place.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We went out with our daughter and son-in-law to Lido's. It was obvious that the place was packed with locals who were well known to the wait and hostess staff. Menu is fairly basic italian with a few surprises - like a rack of pork ribs (which the table next to us said were fantastic). We all had various pasta dishes with meatballs or sausage and everyone raved about the sauce and accompanying garlic bread. Service was quick even on a busy Friday night. Menu items are priced from $8 to $15 and will include salad and sometimes soup as well. This is a great local, authentic family restaurant. It's been there for over 50 years and it's no wonder why. This is a white tablecloth kind of place - it is a awesome local, casual place. Go visit!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The service was kinda ok the hostess was friendly but then when I got my food there was a piece of metal in my food so I told the waitress that I had something in my food and I gave it to her and she ask if I wanted to change it or stayh with it the onlyh thing she said was sorry maam but I think that I deserved and apology from the manager because that was their mistake not mines and as a customer I had to be satisfied but as the food its good the only bad thing was that lil incident that happen to me and the good thing was that my meal was free.