“Brilliant bbq restaurant.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Brilliant bbq restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I found out about this place via the Washington Post. Thought I have to try it when I come to San Diego. I was not disappointed, the food is smoked and cooked to perfection, the staff are very friendly, in fact the owner came over and chatter to us as they could not believe that a Brit and a Saffa could have found their place.

There is nothing fancy about this place and it is not pretending to be fancy, it is just good soul food. The prices are good, the food is good and the staff are friendly, what more could you ask for?

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank thecheechman

Chula Vista, California
“Good Stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Tried it today, not to bad, sauce was spicy yet delicious! Wil more than likely goo again! not only try it at work!

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in Town!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Coops BBQ is awesome. They make their own sauces and don't slather the meat with sauce. They let you put it on yourself. The meat is cooked just perfectly and their is no burnt edges like in other places. Their brisket is so tender and delicious and the pulled pork is to die for.

The sides are amazing like red beans and rice, collard greens(I don't like my veggies but this is amazing), Mac and cheese, and a plethora of many sides.....

They do have a baked potato special that is topped with brisket or pulled pork. So good! Should be on the menu!!!!

The best BBQ in town!

• Visited August 2013
San Diego, California
“Better than Phils BBQ and in a Surprising Area of Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we have a fairly close option nearby if we crave BBQ. We got take out and the food was off the hook ! We ordered beef brisket sandwich, the pulled pork sandwich and some pork ribs. The homemade coleslaw was ehhh. My only complaint is that they forgot to put the cornbread in the to go boxes we got and that was the item I was most looking forward to trying. Either way the BBQ is a must try.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fantaaaaaaastic!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Yum yum, had the brisket and the jerk chicken with red beans and rice, corn bread and mac and cheese (mac and cheese is Sat only). My GF and I split it because this is quite a bit of food. Anyway the brisket was amazing didnt even need a knife. The chicken was great too, and the bbq sauce had a bite. Mac and cheese was great along with the corn bread. Everyone was super friendly. Place is tiny but man o man this is some good bbw. Only thing about this place is they are only open until 7 during the week (bummer). Enjoy, oh and feel free to message me with any questions about any of my reviews. Thanks

• Visited April 2013