“Where you get waht you pay for, and more”

Plantation Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lemon Cove B&B and Inns
Big Bear Region, California
“Where you get waht you pay for, and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

the room,with a well dressed bed, a deep tub and an awesome view of the mountains and sunrise exceeded our expectations. The price was right for us, and we brought 5 other family members along and they had a great stay also. Do not miss breakfast! spend an extra night so you can slow down to smell the orange blossoms in the huge rear yard.
Many years of hard work and thoughtful planning made this place a joy and retreat for us. In three days we were rested, inspired and well fed. Thank you Scott and Marie. We will return.

Room Tip: Each room is unique, let Scott help u pick one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vikingfuneral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fresno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

This was our first bed & breadfast experience so I can't compare. But without trying to compare I CAN say that the experience was very pleasant. Marie and Scott, the owners, were extremely nice and helpful. The theme is fun. Interior design is delightful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

My husband & I decided to treat ourselves before Christmas & an impending move to Georgia early next year. I had always wanted to see the majestic Sequoias & now was the perfect opportunity! I prefer B&B's to motels/hotels & the first one I found was the Plantation Bed & Breakfast. The "Gone with the Wind" theme & the proximity to the park, it was perfect! We were greeted warmly by Marie, given the Grand Tour & then shown to our room - Scarlett O'Hara; complete with gas fireplace & veranda that overlooked the front yard & orange groves beyond. The king bed was inviting after our long drive from Las Vegas, so my husband took a quick nap! I took advantage of the bookcase in the parlor for some weekend reading material! After consulting Scott, he recommended Alejandra's in Exeter for Mexican food. Good food, great service & very reasonably priced. Breakfast all 3 mornings was fantastic!! We both loved Chef Marie's homemade granola & fresh orange juice! The potato frittata was yummy, my husband's favorite was the chiles rellenos a la Marie. Both the plum tart & the cranberry-walnut torte was heavenly! Due to the time of the year, we were the only guests for 2 of our 3 nights, which was unexpected. Scott & Marie would join us for coffee & conversation while we enjoyed our delicious breakfast. Lovely people - I hope we can meet again. It's a great time of year to experience the National Parks. No crowds! The locals were very friendly & the only thing that could have made it better was if we could have stayed longer! Then maybe we would have had the energy to enjoy the 24hr hot tub! We also enjoyed dinners at the Pizza Factory in Three Rivers and the Orange Blossom Junction - oh the homemade potato chips and in-house brewed beer! All within a 10-15 minute drive. Be sure to purchase Chef Marie's cookbook! The grounds & house are beautiful! Scott and Marie, thank you for your hospitality! Best of luck in the future. Penny and Shannon

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Farmersville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

Scott & Chef Marie are serving up fantastic food & beautifully decorated rooms in this "Gone With the Wind" themed B&B. It is only a few minutes drive to scenic Sequoia National Park. It is also a great place to just stay & relax, swim, or hot tub. Give Scott & Marie the opportunity to pamper you & you will return again & again! We stayed for Veterans Day & I want to say thank you again! Chris Bailey

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2010

Loved our stay at the Plantation. I was calling around looking for reservations for a birthday getaway. I had called and asked some questions. A few minutes later, the innkeeper called me back and was so helpful and accomodating. Great follow through! I was so impressed with how much they cared, my mind was made up, and off to the Plantation we went. Scott and Marie, the Innkeepers were so welcomming, so hospitable that we instantly felt comfortable and relaxed. They made us feel like honnored guests. The accomodations were comfortable and creative- soft, warm flannel sheets and pillows we would have loved to take home! We loved the murals, photography and "Gone With THe Wind" theme. We had never seen the movie before, but enjoyed watching it while there, cuddled up with our blankets in front of the fireplace.
Marie's cooking is so good! Fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. She went out of her way to prepare birthday breakfast for me, comlete with candle in my French toast, fresh dafodills and a happy birthday song. Scott and Marie are beautiful people. We are blessed to consider them our new friends. Location was great. It's only a short trip into Exeder for Antique shopping, fruit stands, and friendly neighbors. A real step back in time. Just up the road, we went up to the Nation Park and giant Redwoods, The Doll's Nest doll shop( beautiful artwork from Russia), Reimer's a candy and ice cream shop famous to the local's, and ate over the river with a wonderful view. So much to do in the area, just couldn't do it all in one trip. We're planning on going back and taking the rest of our family, and of course, we'll want to stay at the Plantation again and visit with our new friends, Scott and Marie.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank troutmn2
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

I have been coming to this particular bed and breakfast for several years. The offical welcoming committee (Scott & Marie) always treat my like royality. They're so warm and friendly I also feel like family. I believe I have tasted many of Marie's breakfast selections they offer and found I had to buy the cookbook they were so good. We also stay in the same room. It's cozy, homey and the fireplace is so relaxing. The period decor is full of history of a grand era. The location is perfect for people who love the quiet countryside setting, and the grounds are well manicured and beautiful. The best part about this for me is it's only a day and half drive to get there and there is so much to do in the immediate area. What I like least is that the time seems to fly by and then it's time to leave. I keep thinking if I hang around often enough maybe they'll adopt me.........

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheOregonLady
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

My husband and I made our annual holiday visit and as usual we stayed in our favorite room, Aunt PittyPat. Very clean room and delightfully decorated in mauve, blue and lace. Very romantic for the two of us! We like this room because of its closeness to the jacuzzi and pool. Room has its own heating/ac unit and we were quite toasty and not cold at all. Bathroom area spacious and filled with lace, very tastefully done. As usual Scott and Marie were wonderful hosts and are always a pleasure to be around. The vegetarian breakfasts were a treat each morning. Something different served each day which is a refreshing change from the standard fare at other B&B's. Relaxing in the parlour in front of the fire was really great upon our return from the Sequoia Park. We have stayed at the Plantation many times since our honeymoon 8 years ago, and would highly recommend The Plantation to anyone who wanted a clean, comfortable and romantic place to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,236 reviews
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park

Been to Plantation Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!