“Not Just Another Roadside Attraction!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Peg House
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Leggett
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Arcata, California
“Not Just Another Roadside Attraction!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

As you prepare to zoom through Leggett (3 hours from the Bay Area and 1 hour 45 minutes from Eureka), you'll see an outdated police car alongside a grocery store. I am on this road all too much, and my favorite place to stop is The Peg House which consists of a general store, an outside grill and patio, and the all-important bathrooms. Their burgers are The Best. They also had barbecued oysters when I was last there. Tri-tip,, sandwiches, deli, salads, and even deviled eggs. There's a cookie I can't get out of my mind: the Mendocino Mooky, something like that: oatmeal, coconut, and raisins. There is a patio for the road-weary and a stage which is, impressively, wheelchair accessible.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Pamwiltravel

California
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Classic road stop with a funky store and an covered, outdoor eating area with a garden and a stage. We had the tri tip sandwich, Chicken Sandwich, and the Classic Cheeseburger...all were fantastic! It is a little pricey, as the meals averaged ~ $12 each, but definitely worth a stop if you are staying in the area or passing through.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank PappaSmurf357
Richfield
“WOW what a surprise find - if you are nearby STOP!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My son and I were riding our bikes down the Pacific Coast and were camped in Standish Hickey Park. After a long day of biking we went across the street to the Peg House. The staff was incredibly friendly and put our order to the top of the list knowing how hungry we were and poured us a few craft beers.

I was expecting tradition road burgers but I was blown away and had one of the the best burgers I think I have ever eaten. My son got a sirloin tip BBQ sandwich that was equally spectacular. After dinner we had Wild Blackberry Sundaes that were equally awesome.

This is definitely a place to stop on your trip through the redwoods.

• Visited July 2014
Idyllwild, California, United States
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great food, beautiful outdoor venue & fun karaoke!
Only setting was outdoors, but on a beautiful summer day, it was perfect.

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Sadly they were out of broiled oysters, but the burgers were great! The store is also good for forgotten necessities.

Visited May 2014