“Great Time!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leggett
Redwoods River Resort & Campground
Vacaville, California
“Great Time!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a great time. The place was beautiful. We stayed in the Motel which was adequate, but I think next time we will ask for upstairs. The people upstairs were very noisy in the middle of the night. My daughter and her husband stayed in their trailer and it was wonderful! We walked down to the Eel river, which was fun. We drove to the Avenue of the Giant Redwoods which was amazing. The people at the resort were very nice! I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: I think upstairs would be quieter at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Jean D
SHarrisonMngmnt2013, Guest Relations Manager at Redwoods River Resort & Campground, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I apologize for the noisy neighbors. Maybe next time you could try a Cabin, they are a separate unit and very cozy with gas fireplaces and kitchenettes. Glad you were able to visit the Avenue Of The Giants, it's very beautiful and a great time to visit when it's quiet and peaceful. Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've Been going to the Redwoods rivers resort for the past 40yrs the last 25yrs I've been coming with my husband, kids and now grandkids. To me its truly the perfect place for all of us. To top it all off Billy (the owner) is the sweetest. She goes out of her way to see that stay is everything we hope for.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jerry L
SHarrisonMngmnt2013, Guest Relations Manager at Redwoods River Resort & Campground, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay once again. It's so wonderful to hear from some of our long time guests that love this place and bring their families here every year. This is truly a special place for many. We look forward to seeing you here again...and Billie sends her love :)
Concord, California
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I just wanted to say how amazing this place is. I mean from booking the room to checking out, everything was amazing.

I booked the Deer's Haven for the weekend, a romantic getaway and this was the best decision I have ever made.

The sweetest lady that runs the place made sure to have the heat on, a bottle of wine and everything ready and perfect because we drove in late.

She went above and beyond and I owe her for such an amazing trip. The beds are probably the most comfortable bed's I have slept in, in my experience of staying away from home.

The cabins are beautiful and stocked with everything you need to lock yourselves away. From the customer service to the breathtaking scenery, I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Joshua N.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank joshqlnorris
We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay in Deer Haven. It's the perfect time of year to just lock yourselves away and spend quality time together and we're honored that you chose our Resort to do that in! We'd just like to thank you so much for your glowing review and hope to see you again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It doesn't get much better than this. I stayed in the "Bear Den" and it had tons of charm and was very comfortable. It was very clean and well cared for. The kitchen is on the outside and there is a flashlight on your room key to accommodate for early mornings and late evenings. The kitchen was well equipped with everything you would possibly need. I didn't mind it being on the outside at all. The best thing about the Bear Den was the huge redwood right out front. The owner was incredibly friendly and they have a well stocked store on site (with great wine!). I can't say enough good things about this place, go, go go! I know I'll be back :)

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a bad room on the property, but the Bear's Den cabin is truly...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank ChelBella
SHarrisonMngmnt2013, Guest Relations Manager at Redwoods River Resort & Campground, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Well we are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay here and enjoyed the cabin. Hope you got a chance to do some sightseeing in the area. There are truly some spectacular things to see and do! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we love to hear from our guests. Hope to see you again!
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I come here at least once a year for a weekend of amazing roads (hwy 1, 20, 101, avenue of the giants) coupled with overly large steaks, bon fires and complete isolation from humanity (no cell signal). And I have yet to be disappointed.

They have a whole bunch of cabins that all have either outdoor or indoor kitchens with bathrooms (showers included) and enough beds to fit a couple of friends (or just the two of you for a romantic getaway). The owner is super nice and you can tell that it's a family run business.

I've tried a whole bunch of their cabins, including the Wolf's Lair, the Firehouse, the Fisherman's Hideaway and the Minnie Lillie. So far, my favorite has been the Minnie Lillie, but I would take any one any weekend.

Favorite time of year to come up this way is in January/February so I can be extra anti-social :) If you do make it up this way, here's what I recommend:
1) Lunch at the Peg House
2) Picnic with cheese from the Loleta cheese factory
3) Scenic 1-2 hr drive from the start of Hwy 1 (very close to the resort) to Fort Bragg, then lunch on the marina.
4) Very amazing drive (and hike!) through the whole Avenue of the Giants (~1 hour)
5) On the way home (if going to SF area) take Highway 1 until you get tired and then cut over to 101 to come back home. Last time we went 1 to Fort Bragg, then to Highway 20 (which was _amazing_ as well) then to 101.

Preferably do all of the above with some nice music in a Miata with the top down. But the sights, smells, and scenery of this entire area would be enjoyable in pretty much anything. (even a mini van)

Stop reading this review. Just book the damn cabin!

P.S. Only two "cons" (and they're so minor that I can't hold it against them) in that they don't accept American Express, and the store doesn't open until 10am. So, bring your Visa card, and make sure you bring butter for breakfast and you'll be fine :)

Room Tip: Most of the cabins have outdoor kitchens. If that's not your thing, look at the Mini Lillie or t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Erik G
SHarrisonMngmnt2013, Guest Relations Manager at Redwoods River Resort & Campground, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
What an amazing review! Sounds like you try to make coming out here an annual event and we are honored that you include staying with us as part of that tradition. Since you like to come in the off-season, don't forget to look at some of our new specials on the website that you might enjoy.

I love the way you break down "things to do" for other guests, it's a great list! Thanks again for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We really appreciate it! Hope to see you again next year...if not sooner. :-)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The property was amazing! The cabins were clean, cozy and fully equipped with everything we needed and more. We loved our stay and the only downside was not being able to stay longer! The english woman at the front desk (owner?) was so delightlful! We made a few trips to the little store for items we forgot and were always greeted with genuine hospitality and warmth! We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin but property was pretty much empty when we went so it didn't really matt...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

SHarrisonMngmnt2013, Guest Relations Manager at Redwoods River Resort & Campground, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
So happy to hear you had a great time on your recent visit with us. We just love it when new couples find our place in the winter and enjoy the cozy cabins. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again!
Lakewood, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We discovered this place about 13 yrs ago when my daughter was 4yrs old and my son was 8. We have been coming yearly every summer since then! We've brought friends and family throughout the years and they all love it! It is a great place to get away from the city life and spend time with the family. We have stayed in all three accommodations: tent sites, lodge and cabins. All three are great! And you are surrounded by Redwoods everywhere! The recreation room is great if you have teenagers and the pool is also a great way to relax if you don't want to go down and swim in the river. They also hold a Karaoke night with an ice cream social once or twice a week. We have also explored many points of interests that are nearby. The owners Billy and Jack are very helpful in suggesting places to see. This is one place that my kids ask for whenever we plan a vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy New Year to you! So nice to hear from one of our guests that have been coming here for such a long time. We really appreciate your kind words and so glad that you've made The Resort an annual vacation spot for your family...that's awesome! Look forward to seeing you again this summer!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leggett
Benbow Historic Inn
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn
The Inn at Newport Ranch
The Inn at Newport Ranch
#3 of 12 in Fort Bragg

Been to Redwoods River Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!